Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday

watford

Dec 29, 2012
For what it's worth, I thought you looked quite lively yesterday - very impressed with Lua Lua, Orlandi and Mackail -Smith - and I know enough of Kusczcak to know that he's someone you should keep hold of. Thought the main difference between us was Hoban( a great young defender who has really impressed this season) and his mate Ekstrand. Chalobah seems to be getting all the praise, but he can be very loose in possesion most games. Then again he is only 18.

Just to clear some stuff up about our infamous loanees - they are all here on a 'try before you buy' basis - some of them have settled well into English football and will be signed permanently in Jan, others sent back and presumably more sent for trial over here. Much more sensible than blowing millions on a Nathan Ellington - type flop that nearly costs us our club. The great thing is we're able to hold onto our players now - if we'd had been in this shape a few years ago, you'd never have taken Buckley off us, and Kusczcak would probably be holding off Almunia.

I suppose the greatest compliment I can give you is hoping you have a fairly mediocre season from here on - wouldn't fancy meeting you in the play-offs if we get that far!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Thanks. I don't think that your fears will happen, but if they did I would be pretty confident of a similar result. Your lads "found out" some of our boys yesterday... Very well played, I think you be there or thereabouts at the end if that's how you play every week, especially away from home.

Good luck

Stumpy Tim

You did so well, until you mentioned Mackail-Smith who is SHIT. Your lot were the best team I've seen this season though. Apart from the obvious players you mentioned, I thought Deeney was excellent

watford

Dec 29, 2012
Think it's unfair to call Mackail-Smith shit - he got in some good positions, penetrated our defence a number of times and seemed dangerous throughout. But then, I don't have the benefit of watching him every week! Don't know what to say about Troy Deeney - his stint in prison has changed his attitude completely. All I can think is that the club stood by him, and he's determined to repay them. Completely different player this season to last.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Are you signing that Vydra? He looked top class to me.

watford

Dec 29, 2012
Yes, he'll be signing - but he's only second choice to Forestieri, who really is a class act. People likening him to a young Messi !!!! Just a shame he's such a diving/cheating bastard... Really enjoying this season - easily our best side since John Barnes, Luther Blissett, Nigel Callaghan etc in the 80's.

Trolly Dolly

Aug 22, 2011
You were the best team I have seen at Amex this year.... your fans dressed as animals were highly entertaining running down steps when you scored...will follow your results with interest

watford

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks Trolly - and I don't think your lot are nearly as bad as people are making out on other threads. I think you'll destroy ipswich.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought Watford were first rate yesterday - playing the type of football we would like to be playing.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For what it's worth, I thought you looked quite lively yesterday - very impressed with Lua Lua, Orlandi and Mackail -Smith - and I know enough of Kusczcak to know that he's someone you should keep hold of. Thought the main difference between us was Hoban( a great young defender who has really impressed this season) and his mate Ekstrand. Chalobah seems to be getting all the praise, but he can be very loose in possesion most games. Then again he is only 18.

Just to clear some stuff up about our infamous loanees - they are all here on a 'try before you buy' basis - some of them have settled well into English football and will be signed permanently in Jan, others sent back and presumably more sent for trial over here. Much more sensible than blowing millions on a Nathan Ellington - type flop that nearly costs us our club. The great thing is we're able to hold onto our players now - if we'd had been in this shape a few years ago, you'd never have taken Buckley off us, and Kusczcak would probably be holding off Almunia.

I suppose the greatest compliment I can give you is hoping you have a fairly mediocre season from here on - wouldn't fancy meeting you in the play-offs if we get that far!

As usual it takes an opposition fan to give a reasoned and fair assessment of our side. Well deserved win for Watford yesterday - looks like you'll do well. With a couple of changes, don't think we'll be too far behind.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You did so well, until you mentioned Mackail-Smith who is SHIT. Your lot were the best team I've seen this season though. Apart from the obvious players you mentioned, I thought Deeney was excellent

CMS got us all three points at the away fixture. How soon our fans forget his good games.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
CMS got us all three points at the away fixture. How soon our fans forget his good games.

Sorry Thunder, I went to the away fixture and I have forgotten his good game.

Please remind me. I remember him taking a penalty by hitting it as hard as he could down the middle and the goalie luckily overestimating his ability and diving for a corner or it would have been saved.

I remember a load of terrible touches in good positions but I don't remember much else. Oh I remember he was fouled for the penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here