Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday was probably the most embarrassing day as an Albion supporter

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
i was there :(

do u remember leatherhead at home?..n the leatherhead lip? Kelly was it?

I was mistaken as it turns out - I'm sure I remember us losing to non-league three or four years later but can't remember who but thats who I mistook W&H for, sorry :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Given tonights result for Chelsea and the probable exit of Arsenal, the Liverpool result will soon be forgotten

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If you're going to get embarrassed by a 6-1 going-over at Anfield, may I venture to suggest that you are far too sensitive a soul to support a football club. I think you should consider flower-arranging or some other gentler pursuit.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I remember the 9-0 tonking at Middlesborough and saying never mind we will get our own back at the Goldstone. We did, we scored 4 problem was Middlesborough scored 6!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I can think of a couple trips to Brentford that qualified as humiliating, but the embarrassing was the first Brighton game I took my missus to at Brentford. She asked me after the first goal went in if it was a pre match display by the second team, I said no this is the first team. She then said "they're terrible im not supporting them, do you mind if I go and have a wander about?".

Amexican

May 21, 2011
I can think of a couple trips to Brentford that qualified as humiliating, but the embarrassing was the first Brighton game I took my missus to at Brentford. She asked me after the first goal went in if it was a pre match display by the second team, I said no this is the first team. She then said "they're terrible im not supporting them, do you mind if I go and have a wander about?".

That's grounds for divorce!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Liverpool were TOO strong anyway and if you look at how many shots they had ( 34 ) 6-1 isn't exactly a bad scoreline. I still had a great day and hope we get more FA Cup days out like that, except the scoreline :lolol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Getting beat 1-0 at home by 9-man Walsall for me.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Perhaps its something to do with age but there have far more embarassing defeats in the 50 years that I have been watching. Just a shrug of the shoulders at Anfield and look forward to Hull next game. Even the Huddersfield 1-7 appeared to be quite surreal rather than embarassing (perhaps helped by a tropical Yorkshire evening). Worse ones have been many low scoring defeats where the team simply had not turned up and deserved to be beaten by more - but that was more a feeling of anger and frustration. Palace away - yes, but that was only due to the announcer after the game and being penned in the High Street giving us too much time to think about it.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Every newspaper with sports page headlines along the lines of Liverpool Thrash Brighton; Seagulls Overwhelmed; etc; constant stories about the 3 own-goals; together with photos of Lewis Dunk's own goal juggling act. Impossible to escape the humiliation of it all. In fact I think Dunk's photo was in every single newspaper together with very unflattering tag lines. Hope the lad isn't too depressed.

If we had kept it at 0-3 it would have been acceptable and one own-goal OK.

The good news is that it can surely get no worse than this.

Just hoping that all our loan players haven't decided they're now so embarrassed to be on loan at Brighton that they request an immediate return to their own clubs!

We got beaten by one of the best teams in the country.... not embarrassed at all. Dunks own goal was awesome dont think the Kop will have seen a better one - I am proud of the team, the fans and Dunky - we made 500K happy days.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Can't think of a single person who has really taken the piss out of me because of the result, a few gentle jibes maybe. 2nd divison team go to 1st division team in cup and get thumped. Where's the shock in that? Nobody else really cares. In fact i don't care either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not embarrassed by the result as such, but I've noticed some posts saying they were still "proud" of the team.

First half I'd agree. But pride was about the last thing I was feeling by the end - that was NOT a performance to feel proud of by any stretch.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I am never embarrased being a brighton fan..........emabarrasing would be being mistaken for a palace fan!
Dont worry , you'd never be mistaken as a palace fan???

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Too many excellent replies above to quote but all making very good points . . . Goldstone i don't think you are going to win this argument. There is nothing more embarrassing than getting tonked by your hated rivals. This wasn't that embarrassing in my opinion - Liverpool in top 6 of Premier League, we scored the best goal of the game, took 6000 fans to Liverpool and completely outsung the kop all game even when 6-1 down. I was there had a great day out with my mates and had a bloody good drink :drink::D.
Back to the Championship - onwards and upwards, keep the faith! :amex::albion2::albion:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
nor the 2-8 thrashing by Brizzle Rovers
The 2-8 thrashing by Bristol Rovers was during the Clough regime - within days the 'great' man had the whole team too terrified to go out and play!

No embarrassment about the Liverpool match; scoreline was disappointing, but Liverpool are still one of the top teams in the land, and although they have been inconsistant this season, they've been threatening to do that to somebody for a long time. Could just as easily have done it against West Brom, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke, Villa and the like. Hmmmm.......West Brom, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke, Villa - isn't that about the level we're aiming at at the moment? Played 4 won 2 against premiership teams this season - I'm happy with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here