Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yes all you bastards sitting at home trying to listen to Seagulls World

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm looking forward to getting back and seeing the Albion at Christmas.

Although Dubai isn't anywhere like as far away as Sydney, it's still a bit of a trek compared with Hove.

And as far as I'm concerned, Stumpy Tim can say anything he likes. He scored 2 goals in REMF 1 and gave Ian Chapman his autograph later on that evening.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Even though there were only 5100 there, well done to EVERYONE in the south stand for roaring the team on when they came for drinks at the dug out during the injury break

Ive never seen the south stand so proud to be Brighton :clap:

Then Elphick was conducting the crowd into more noise

NOt many people were there to witness it, but it was truly amazing!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Where would you have had him stand then? His position was fine, he was covering as much of the goal as he could. He wasn't beaten at his 'near' post as he was in the middle of the goal, and the header came from the middle. Just happened that it was headed right in the corner, going in off the post in fact, no keeper would have saved that.

Except, possibly, a badly-positioned one. Ironic, innit?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Even though there were only 5100 there, well done to EVERYONE in the south stand for roaring the team on when they came for drinks at the dug out during the injury break

Ive never seen the south stand so proud to be Brighton :clap:

Then Elphick was conducting the crowd into more noise

NOt many people were there to witness it, but it was truly amazing!

I started that :) :albion2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
NSC = a lot of hot air. :yawn:

exactly , can't believe a thread like this which i'm guessing was a thinly based rallying attempt to get fans back to Withdean (if they can of course) has gone so much tits up

and for what it's worth , the arcticles not bad - i know alot on here don't rate Naylor but he has got it roughly spot on -

he uses the word "majority" though which loses him points , it's a small minority of our fanbase who are fickle about going , yes we get higher crowds when we are winning (as most teams do) or are playing attractive football (ditto) but i also feel the surroundings of the Withdean are not worth the 25 quid even though most can accept the moneys being used for good (Falmer etc..) rather then just lining DKs pockets

many will say (wrongly) that if we can only get 5,000-ish at Withdean , how will we sell out Falmer but the fact as everyone knows is Falmer will BE a football ground rather then a refurblished athletics track

the other thing that puts people off is the negativity which leads to a catch-22 situation , people will stop going if they hear moaning week in week out and that leads to less money being ploughed into the club making us worse and moaned about more.

but at the end of the day , as Vulture says - people have stronger priorities , football isn't everyones be all and end all , but with us so close to the light it really is preparing for a means to an end , things WILL turn around and people will come back

keep the faith :thumbsup:

(oh and why are people on here so angry at everyones fairly reasonable opinions? surely no need for the ":angry:" in nigh on every single post)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
exactly , can't believe a thread like this which i'm guessing was a thinly based rallying attempt to get fans back to Withdean (if they can of course) has gone so much tits up

and for what it's worth , the arcticles not bad - i know alot on here don't rate Naylor but he has got it roughly spot on -

he uses the word "majority" though which loses him points , it's a small minority of our fanbase who are fickle about going , yes we get higher crowds when we are winning (as most teams do) or are playing attractive football (ditto) but i also feel the surroundings of the Withdean are not worth the 25 quid even though most can accept the moneys being used for good (Falmer etc..) rather then just lining DKs pockets

many will say (wrongly) that if we can only get 5,000-ish at Withdean , how will we sell out Falmer but the fact as everyone knows is Falmer will BE a football ground rather then a refurblished athletics track

the other thing that puts people off is the negativity which leads to a catch-22 situation , people will stop going if they hear moaning week in week out and that leads to less money being ploughed into the club making us worse and moaned about more.

but at the end of the day , as Vulture says - people have stronger priorities , football isn't everyones be all and end all , but with us so close to the light it really is preparing for a means to an end , things WILL turn around and people will come back

keep the faith :thumbsup:

(oh and why are people on here so angry at everyones fairly reasonable opinions? surely no need for the ":angry:" in nigh on every single post)

How dare you post sensible comment? :angry::angry::angry::censored::censored::censored:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Did they actually have an organised boycott? If so why?

I'm sure they brought twice as many last year.

Yes. I spoke to a couple of Northampton fans in the Sportsman after the game and they were surprised at how many had actually turned up.

It was an organised boycott, apparently, in protest at having to pay £25 to sit half a mile away from the pitch and get wet. Simple as that. They pay £16 at home and resent being ripped off (yet again, in their eyes). It's a problem we may have again this season methinks.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yes. I spoke to a couple of Northampton fans in the Sportsman after the game and they were surprised at how many had actually turned up.

It was an organised boycott, apparently, in protest at having to pay £25 to sit half a mile away from the pitch and get wet. Simple as that. They pay £16 at home and resent being ripped off (yet again, in their eyes). It's a problem we may have again this season methinks.

Does anyone know if the subject of ticket prices was brought up at the Fans Forum?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. They pay £16 at home and resent being ripped off (yet again, in their eyes). It's a problem we may have again this season methinks.

Not if the team we are playing are doing well, it's easy to boycott when you're shit, not so easy of you're up at the top or on a rich vein of form I reckon.

Stumpy Tim

I'm looking forward to getting back and seeing the Albion at Christmas.

Although Dubai isn't anywhere like as far away as Sydney, it's still a bit of a trek compared with Hove.

And as far as I'm concerned, Stumpy Tim can say anything he likes. He scored 2 goals in REMF 1 and gave Ian Chapman his autograph later on that evening.

:bowdown:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
HB&B - I am not going to the Southend game as I am playing cricket - does that make me a bastard too then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
HB&B - I am not going to the Southend game as I am playing cricket - does that make me a bastard too then?

Obviously, as you'll be going to London Irish if it clashes with the Albion as soon as the cricket season's over which makes you a double bastard in my book :lolol:

Also way too rich as I believe you have bought a season ticket and then find weak excuses NOT to watch the Albion!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Obviously, as you'll be going to London Irish if it clashes with the Albion as soon as the cricket season's over which makes you a double bastard in my book :lolol:

fair point, well made ( although to be fair, most of LI's games are on a Sunday)

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yes I have a ST, although laura uses it when I cant go, so at least I am addind bums to seats etc

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Kuipers in bad positioning shocker!!! Who would believe it. :ohmy:

:lolol::lolol::lolol: I knew you would be shocked by that one.
As for not attending HB&B, For some of us it is a tad difficult when we live in a different country and not minted like you claim to be:shrug:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well done HB+B, you have taken Ernest's crown.

D

Deleted User X18H

I 'll have to think about that Dave and as for that Tim from Preston Park on the Argus comments what a twat;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here