Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Year End bonus or New Year pay rise?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I work for the NHS, the only thing I expect is to pay at least another 1% of my salary into my pension on top of the 1.5% extra I have paid since April. Rumours of a 1% payrise though, which is nice after nothing for 2 years.

I have heard about the 1% as well but the notice we got about it was so confusing no one understood it. Am just going to wait and see.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I have heard about the 1% as well but the notice we got about it was so confusing no one understood it. Am just going to wait and see.

Another NHS employee here of the HR variety. We will be lucky with 1%, the pay review evidence suggests no increase is required!

It's probably because of our gold plated contracts.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Just got my Christmas bonus yesterday in Novembers pay, company doing very well and last year I god a good pay rise (20%), and the company has done even better in the last year, and is already looking good for next year, so January's pay rise will be interesting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just got my Christmas bonus yesterday in Novembers pay, company doing very well and last year I god a good pay rise (20%), and the company has done even better in the last year, and is already looking good for next year, so January's pay rise will be interesting.

Oil rigs? No wonder the price of fuel is so expensive.

Nov 19, 2012

A Palace fan with a job? i`m not avin that

Camicus

NO pay rise and no bonus here. Last year my boss brought everyone a case of beer as I dont drink I got a 6pk of coke cheap bugger

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Not had a pay rise in 3 years+, not even cost of living adjustment, so effectively, had a pay cut each year. Fact of life for the majority of us, unless you have trade union representation, or public sector gold plated contracts. No point getting fed up, it won't change anything, it would be nice to get an Xmas bonus, but again, not seen one for some years now.

Gold plated public sector contracts?! Pay freezes for the last 2 years and for the foreseeable, a freeze on experience / skill based increases and pension contributions up from 11% to 14% staged over the next 3 years! Certainly not gold plated!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gold plated public sector contracts?! Pay freezes for the last 2 years and for the foreseeable, a freeze on experience / skill based increases and pension contributions up from 11% to 14% staged over the next 3 years! Certainly not gold plated!!

I said, if you're on one of the gold plated public sector ones, wasn't suggesting they all are. Likewise index linked indestructible public sector and civil service pensions, the sort of thing I can only dream of.

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
Payrise early in the year + 2% standatd cost of living. Although the staff Xmas meal has been cut this year it would appear either that or there leaving it late to announce it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I said, if you're on one of the gold plated public sector ones, wasn't suggesting they all are. Likewise index linked indestructible public sector and civil service pensions, the sort of thing I can only dream of.

I don't need to dream about them

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lucky bugger. I have a friend who has worked for a London Borough for all his working life, he'll be a higher rate income tax payer when he gets his pension when he retires in a couple of years.

I know,I am very lucky so just hang around doing the same job marking time at present

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thats why this country is in the shit

What a load of crap, the pension fund I am in is 100% funded and contributions are far higher than average which is what they should be.

Shows you know very little about this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here