Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* Yay, it's new iPhone day! *~*~*

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Throw in 3G usage and that battery won't last very long at all. Most of the thickness and weight of the iPhone is battery.

That is a fair point, I hadn't thought of that. Thinking about it, there's not a great deal wrong with sales of the touch as it is!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Steve blowjobs more like.

Or as Vivian from the Young Ones would say "Bigjobs" in a reference to shit.

Anyway hasnt steve j gone back to making cartoons as apple was too stressful?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I think they are going to be making a very BIG deal of the Assistant thing.

Rightly so, if the reports are true.

"Text Steve to tell him I'll be late for lunch" - text sent
"Book me a taxi to pick me up from home at 8pm" - taxi booked
"Tell me the GDP of Cambodia" - phone contacts Wolfram Alpha and returns the answer.

Is any of the above necessary? Not at all.
Is it useful? Some of it, probably
Is it actually quite cool, even though I'll be slated from all quarters for thinking so? Yes, yes it is.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] any links to the video?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I can't wait to hear all the new features BUT if you ask me the next big thing we're all REALLY waiting for is a MASSIVELY improved new type of battery.

We've all got gadgets in our pockets eating up battery like there's no tomorrow and for the vast majority of these devices, you won't get more than a day's use out of it before it needs a recharge. This needs improving, and not just incrementally. It needs improving DRAMATICALLY. I want to be able to power my smartphone for several days at a time, as it is permanently connected to 3G data networks, quietly organising my life on the fly.

Phones have gotten SO advanced now that people are running out of ideas as to what features future devices may boast. We can't dream them up faster than they're being developed. But one thing surely everyone can agree would be appreciated is a battery life you can be proud of. And besides, a longer battery life means fewer charging cycles which means you use less electricity and in turn save the planet. Everyone's a winner.

I wish they'd hurry up and develop it. I hate running out of juice

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I'm pround to say I have no Apple products in my life whatsoever. Hate them.

The iPad is a nice bit of kit, but it has all the normal Apple problem of not being properly compatible with anything not made by Apple. I want my gadgets to be able to properly talk to each other, so it's Android all the way for me.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
On the news this morning it seems all they've done is bring it into line with current android devices, they don't superscede it in any way.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
On the news this morning it seems all they've done is bring it into line with current android devices, they don't superscede it in any way.

Precisely, they are playing catch up now. They used to be lightyears ahead, and now it takes them over a year to release the same device, but up to scratch spec-wise.. poor effort.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
So it's the 4s not an iPhone 5, not overly impressed with it to be honest, think I'll stick with the 4 until the 5 does come out.

This. Very disappointed.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just out of interest does anyone here use voice activated commands on any piece of technology (I'm not including dogs in that)? I just can't imagine telling my phone what I want it to do, you'd get some odd looks in the street when you start shouting at your phone telling it off for calling Dave instead of Dale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here