Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* Yay, it's new iPhone day! *~*~*

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Despite most of the rumors. I've heard that there will be an iPhone 5.

All of this iPhone 4S stuff has been a huge cover up by Apple. They've been hell bent on keeping the 5 under wraps and used the 4S as a decoy.

Here are my thoughts:
- New iPhone 5. Bigger screen, teardrop formfactor etc..
- Cheaper iPhone 4.
- iPod Touch 3G with iMessaging capability.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think they are going to be making a very BIG deal of the Assistant thing.

I'm sure it'll be awesome. But I don't really want to spend all day talking to my phone.

If it makes voice dialing easier though I'm all for it. Currently, it's impossible for it to recognise single syllable names..

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Improved signal reach & correction of the algorithm that adds 2 bars to any signal strength, were the last issues, were they not??

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
My 2gs 16mb, bought on ebay for 52 quid is fine by me. Does everything you need a mobile phone to do.
You put it in your pocket. Then while wondering what to do whist walking along you can actually really piss someone off by calling them when they have better things to do.
Bliss.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I've been in a queue since 2pm yesterday. There aren't enough phones to meet demand, but the Apple staff here recon those of us in the front half of the queue will be fine. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my arse.

Its being announced today, not released.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Shouldn't this be a sticky, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ??

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Despite most of the rumors. I've heard that there will be an iPhone 5.

All of this iPhone 4S stuff has been a huge cover up by Apple. They've been hell bent on keeping the 5 under wraps and used the 4S as a decoy.

Here are my thoughts:
- New iPhone 5. Bigger screen, teardrop formfactor etc..
- Cheaper iPhone 4.
- iPod Touch 3G with iMessaging capability.

If they do the Touch with 3G that's something I'd definitely get. Would be an iPhone in everything bar the phone part. Can't help thinking it would eat into iPhone sales tho, which can't be good for business.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If they do the Touch with 3G that's something I'd definitely get. Would be an iPhone in everything bar the phone part. Can't help thinking it would eat into iPhone sales tho, which can't be good for business.

If they do that though, Apple wouldn't have to share their profit with any mobile operators.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think this WILL be the iPhone 5. The 4S thing is a cover up. Look at the history of the iPhone

1st ever model = iPhone
2nd model = iPhone 3G
3rd model = iPhone 3GS
4th model = iPhone 4

If they named the fifth iPhone model the iPhone 4S or similar then they lose out on the fifth model iPhone being the iPhone 5, which would screw things up for a company as anal about names and looks as Apple.

It will have the iPad 2's processor, a bigger screen, more memory and will be a little more rounded than the 4, harking back to the older models.

Can't wait

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The 'iPod Touch with 3g' rumour has been circulating for a while.

I'm not so sure as, with the Skype app, the Touch would then be a phone. The current Touch can be had for about £180, the cheapest contract-free iPhone 4 is about £500. Also, the Touch is small and light and, as such, has limited battery capacity. Throw in 3G usage and that battery won't last very long at all. Most of the thickness and weight of the iPhone is battery.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
...woohoo and then ppl can show off their mindless useless apps...

waste of money and time.......nature is more high-tech, get out and live.........and maybe use a normal mobile for the odd text or call.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The 'iPod Touch with 3g' rumour has been circulating for a while.

I'm not so sure as, with the Skype app, the Touch would then be a phone. The current Touch can be had for about £180, the cheapest contract-free iPhone 4 is about £500. Also, the Touch is small and light and, as such, has limited battery capacity. Throw in 3G usage and that battery won't last very long at all. Most of the thickness and weight of the iPhone is battery.

All very true. Guess I'll just have to stick with the best of both worlds: the Touch in one pocket and an Android phone in the other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here