Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yasin Ayari

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You're doing him a lot of favours here. What I saw was a head down panicky scuff.
This is his take on it....

I should score,” Yasin said after the game. “If I see him [Raya], that he's on the left side, I'll just put it on the right. But in those moments everything goes so quickly and I thought he was running to the first post, so I thought I would put it on the second"

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
He's got to score there, no question about it. But overlooking that, he was excellent in the game and looks a real prospect for us. I am pleased we didn't loan him out, he looks ready to play a part and will probably benefit from training with the squad and being at our club. Not all players will thrive out on loan, having him here for the first half of the season could really bring him on and then if everyone is fit in January we might look to get him 6 months experience in the Championship but I'm sure we'd have a better pick of clubs to loan him to.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gross scores that. But he is 33 and an experienced goalscoring pro.
Give Ayari a couple of dozen more games and he probably does too. He's dynamic, doesn't stop running and wants to get into the box.
I don't think it's even close to a given that WBG scores that chance either though, mainly because he wouldn't have been there, he'd have been 10 yards back.
Plus of course WBG failed to score in 81 Premier league appearances (46 of which were for us).

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm

I should score,” Yasin said after the game. “If I see him [Raya], that he's on the left side, I'll just put it on the right. But in those moments everything goes so quickly and I thought he was running to the first post, so I thought I would put it on the second"
Everyone that have tried to take a penalty and decided to put it to the right ... and then see the keeper's going the same way ... and you try to put it to the left instead know that it's easy to f**k it up sometimes. I think he will score soon, Ayari!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Looks like Yasin got a couple of kilos in muscles since last year. Not that lightweight any more. I do think he’s still ”hiding” a bit. A step or two, left or right, and he’ll get more passes. But overall, he’s improved a lot. Keep up the good work Yasin!
O
it looks a glaring miss doesn’t it ?
Wasn’t quite as easy as that photo suggests though,

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Hes done himself a few favours!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
O

it looks a glaring miss doesn’t it ?
Wasn’t quite as easy as that photo suggests though,
If you look at it in real time it was not as easy as the photo suggests. It was a very good chance and given his post-match comments it looks like he will learn from this missed opportunity.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm surprised at Ayari's comments on the chance. My view at the time was that he hadn't looked up at all, and had just concentrated on making decent contact and getting it on target (which would have been a completely valid option).

More generally - very impressed with the lad. He was always a potentially decent player - good technically, and a nice calmness about him in possession. Now, as mentioned above, he has significantly matured physically - he's fitter, taller, stronger - and does look ready to contribute.

Personally, I believe he has a very high ceiling.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I'm surprised at Ayari's comments on the chance. My view at the time was that he hadn't looked up at all, and had just concentrated on making decent contact and getting it on target (which would have been a completely valid option).

More generally - very impressed with the lad. He was always a potentially decent player - good technically, and a nice calmness about him in possession. Now, as mentioned above, he has significantly matured physically - he's fitter, taller, stronger - and does look ready to contribute.

Must be a Victorian house then?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Now that you mention it he does look taller. You might expect him to be fitter and stronger, but by 20, you've done most of your growing shirley?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I think as he plays we will see his confidence blossom. He's showed glimpses in the pre season (I think) where his slick foot work, speed of thought and creativity looked very sharp. Definitely one worth being patient for.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Now that you mention it he does look taller. You might expect him to be fitter and stronger, but by 20, you've done most of your growing shirley?
Maybe these?

Attachments

• lifters.png
    lifters.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 20

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
He made it saveable for Raya. He should place it in the other corner.

His two loans last season didn't work out, but the new manager clearly likes him. He's a different profile to Wieffer/Milner/Baleba.
Some highlights from his loans last season.
He had a total of less than 900 minutes of Championship football over 23 appearances.

Another thread derailed / dominated by Swansman 🤦🏻‍♂️
Actually that's what you are trying to do by turning a decent discussion on where Ayari is now into a poster personality spat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here