Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yanks murder on camera.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gareth Glover said:
Suicide bombers do not have banners on top of their heads saying, hey I'm a suicide bomber, I look like I am unarmed ( although I have 25 lbs of high explosives under my clothes out of sight ) , I wear civilian clothes as I do not play by the rules of war, I am determined to die and I am determined to take as many of you feckers as I can
If they did, it really would have to be quite a large banner. And to be honest, after the first 5 words, I'm not sure I'd hang around to read the rest of it.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
:lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Dick Knights Mum said:
I thin you'll find you are wrong there. We went to a couple of museums in Normandy over the summer and it was the resistance that beat the germans, with the help of a few yanks.

I'm sure we were there at some point as well.

Dick Knights Mum said:
I thin you'll find you are wrong there. We went to a couple of museums in Normandy over the summer and it was the resistance that beat the germans, with the help of a few yanks.

What does anyone think is going to happen in Fallujah. The stupid thing is to have the cameras there. The troops are in an impossible position. And let's not forget - it wasn't them who started this. Blame Bush and Blair.

Not really, over the last few years in France there has been a lot of reassessment of their the resistance, their role and their impact and the large level of double crossing amongst rival groups. Especially right wing grous (De Gaulle) in turning over Communist groups in the last days of German occupation.!

The role of our Special Operations who often led or guided the resistance has also been underplayed..

LC

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I saw the clip at lunch today and I didn't hear the soldier say "He's dead now", but so what.

If the soldier responded with the idea that the Iraqi was feining death and could not clearly see he was unarmed then its not a war crime. None of those Iraqis raised their hands to surrender.

Remember, Civilians always get killed in war thats why you have to focus on intent.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Hahahahahaha, would the frogs say any different? I suppose dear old Tommy was sitting around sipping tea and eating current buns at the time.

looney said:

Hahahahahaha, would the frogs say any different? I suppose dear old Tommy was sitting around sipping tea and eating current buns at the time.

Actually my Dad was in the SOE and all he did was eat stale currant buns, drink tea, play cricket and drink a bit of red wine. Whilst Waiting for Germans to arrive at a cafe and let the resistance shoot it up! (Great Escape stylee). Whilst the Americans arrived late in 1944 and sorted it all out.

LC

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
War is stupid,
And people are stupid.
And love means nothing,

If only Boy George could be president of the good ol U.S. of A.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This latest incident sums up the vast difference in attitude to war between USA and the UK. It highlights the totally different mentality and training that occurs between the atlantic.

We train our soldiers to respect the enemy and to do the job they are there to do - not so in the USA.

Why do British Troops wear berets in war zones that are designated as safe where as US troops cack handedly shoot to kill and never even acknowledge the locals involved or want to build up any trust.

It is a terrible shame but not unexpected.

This reminds me of that old Jeremy Hardy joke, that when you hear news like this, you wish you could be a fairminded liberal so you could get genuinely outraged and write to your newspaper, your MP, the Queen, Oprah Winfrey, etc.

But as a jaded old lefty, all you think is "yeah, so what do you expect, I told ya".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here