Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yanks murder on camera.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The guy probably wasn't an Iraqi. He was more likely to be a foreign terrorist, who would if given half a chance do exactly the same thing to an injured American. Doesn't make it right, but it is a war and nasty shit goes on in wars.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yorkie said:
I didn't see it but from what smudge has said the guy was unarmed. The Geneva convention states that if the 'enemy' is unarmed then they should be taken prisoner not shot or killed in any other way.

Think you'll find the Insurgents aren't covered by the Geneva convention, various definitions on what a soldier is or isn't.

I'm not surprised it happened, when clearing houses or building you don't leave the enemy behind you, it's too dangerous also if this lot are booby trapping themselves even a small blast in an enclosed buidling is going to cause many casualties. Its not nice but not unexpected:(

Urban warfare is the worst of the worst .... don't blame the soldiers blame the politicians.

It begs the question: How much more of this behaviour has been going on away from the Camera? It shows the mentality of some U.S. soldiers when they commit this kind of act under the lens of a camera. Not the smartest thing to do?! The actions of the US military machine in Falluja will have been the best recruting tool possible for the rebel coalition. After the US's last botched Falluja operation which ended up with a fudge between them and former Baatist party members, it was estimated 600 civilians were killed in that operation. How many this time?

Iraq is now a hotbed for different extremist groups backing the Iraqi rebels against the common enemy America right in their backyard. If the Americans think putting Falluja to the torch will finish all resistance to their occupation, they are seriously mistaken. Their gung ho behaviour caught on camera for the World to see will surely stiffen the reslolve of the rebels.

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
Last week the "enemy" shot at americans whilst holding a white flag,there are no rules,kill or be killed,i for one say the soldier did what he had to do.I expect that if the bloke had shot the american many on here would rub thier hands with joy.It is a joy to see the BBCS coverage:shootself ,anti england,anti america,anti government,anti democracy,scum.:angry:

What ever the status of the "fighters" they will be convered by the Geneva Convention and other International Law on human rights. Remember the Geneva Convention was brought in to protect everyone in a state of war.

The film shows how dehumanising war and this war is. Its reality.

These are soldiers trained to kill. At the very frontline.

If you train them to kill expect them to kill.

THe film won't help the US cause. Then again as far as most Muslims, Iraq's are concerned, I imagine their minds are already made up.

intriguingly,

I wonder how it would have been reported, if, as some of the soldiers left that room, a grenade had been blown up

:angry:

The fact is that soldiers at the front line mop up as they go along.

They can't stop to look after the wounded, the wounded can't be shipped back into field hospitals and they cannot be left...to fight another day.

LC

Kev the Ape

Bush and Blair are warmongers. Conservatives to be the new government by 2005. But before then famer will be given the go ahead. They should never show that kind of thing on camera. :nono:

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
mideastbutt.jpg

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why the f*** are these people terrorists? If England had been invaded (Liberated) and we werent happy with the liberators and tried to defend London from the invading force would we also be terrorists?

Whats the difference between The Falluja insurgents and The French resistance?

Albion Dan said:
Why the f*** are these people terrorists? If England had been invaded (Liberated) and we werent happy with the liberators and tried to defend London from the invading force would we also be terrorists?

One are reality.

And the other have been hyped up out of all proportion by the French authorities after WW2 to cover up there easy capulation and compliance-especially in the Vichy areas.

LC

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
If any of you guys think this sort of stuff is a one off then you are sadly misleaded, I'm shocked that it was ever brought to press, and thats really shocked

BAGHDAD, Iraq - In the weeks before the crushing military assault on his hometown, Bilal Hussein sent his parents and brother away from Fallujah to stay with relatives.

The 33-year-old Associated Press photographer stayed behind to capture insider images during the siege of the former insurgent stronghold.

"Everyone in Fallujah knew it was coming. I had been taking pictures for days," he said. "I thought I could go on doing it."

In the hours and days that followed, heavy bombing raids and thunderous artillery shelling turned Hussein's northern Jolan neighborhood into a zone of rubble and death. The walls of his house were pockmarked by coalition fire.

"Destruction was everywhere. I saw people lying dead in the streets, wounded were bleeding and there was no one to come and help them. Even the civilians who stayed in Fallujah were too afraid to go out," he said.

"There was no medicine, water, no electricity nor food for days."

By Tuesday afternoon, as U.S. forces and Iraqi rebels engaged in fierce clashes in the heart of his neighborhood, Hussein snapped.

"U.S. soldiers began to open fire on the houses, so I decided that it was very dangerous to stay in my house," he said.

Hussein said he panicked, seizing on a plan to escape across the Euphrates River, which flows on the western side of the city

"I wasn't really thinking," he said. "Suddenly, I just had to get out. I didn't think there was any other choice."

In the rush, Hussein left behind his camera lens and a satellite telephone for transmitting his images. His lens, marked with the distinctive AP logo, was discovered two days later by U.S. Marines next to a dead man's body in a house in Jolan.

AP colleagues in the Baghdad bureau, who by then had not heard from Hussein in 48 hours, became even more worried.

Hussein moved from house to house " dodging gunfire " and reached the river.

"I decided to swim ... but I changed my mind after seeing U.S. helicopters firing on and killing people who tried to cross the river."

He watched horrified as a family of five was shot dead as they tried to cross. Then, he "helped bury a man by the river bank, with my own hands."

"I kept walking along the river for two hours and I could still see some U.S. snipers ready to shoot anyone who might swim. I quit the idea of crossing the river and walked for about five hours through orchards."

He met a peasant family, who gave him refuge in their house for two days. Hussein knew a driver in the region and sent a message to another AP colleague, Ali Ahmed, in nearby Ramadi.

Ahmed relayed the news that Hussein was alive to AP's Baghdad bureau. He sent a second message back to Hussein that a fisherman in nearby Habaniyah would ferry the photographer to safety by boat.

"At the end of the boat ride, Ali was waiting for me. He took me to Baghdad, to my office."

Sitting safely in the AP's offices, a haggard-looking Hussein offered a tired smile of relief.

"It was a terrible experience in which I learned that life is precious," he said. "I am happy that I am still alive after being close to death during these past days."

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Albion Dan said:

quite possibly because many of the insurgents are also invaders, Jordanians, Algerians, Syrians ..... They don't want elections

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
That guy decided to stay in a 'warzone'.

Idiot.

I think Chappers this was his point

"U.S. soldiers began to open fire on the houses, so I decided that it was very dangerous to stay in my house," he said.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
magoo said:
If you want to 'make a stand against this' use your vote come the next general election. You are wasting your time berating the armed forces. They shouldn't even be there! Iraq didn't destroy the WTC. Saudi's did. Iraq just happen to have alot of oil.

Sorry but i watched Farenheit 9/11 last night. Truly disturbing about the long business relationships between the Bush's and the Saudi's.

I'm in the armed forces!

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Kev the Ape said:
Bush and Blair are warmongers. Conservatives to be the new government by 2005. But before then famer will be given the go ahead. They should never show that kind of thing on camera. :nono:

Kev, you didn't write that yourself did you.

Put your own views, not just 'copy n paste'.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
smudge said:
I'm in the armed forces!

I know, do you have ginger hair, I'm sure there was a chap once on Northumberland called smudger smith !!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I can't think why anyone is surprised. After all, these are the same people that think nothing of beheading foreigners; who calmly drive up to checkpoints and detonate tons of explosive and who raise a white flag to surrender and then open fire on the soldiers who come out to take the prisoners.

Geneva Convention - that's a sick joke.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
London Calling said:
And the other have been hyped up out of all proportion by the French authorities after WW2 to cover up there easy capulation and compliance-especially in the Vichy areas.

I thin you'll find you are wrong there. We went to a couple of museums in Normandy over the summer and it was the resistance that beat the germans, with the help of a few yanks.

What does anyone think is going to happen in Fallujah. The stupid thing is to have the cameras there. The troops are in an impossible position. And let's not forget - it wasn't them who started this. Blame Bush and Blair.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here