Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

XFactor

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wagner winning would be hilarious, and a real kick in the teeth for Cowell. This year, though, once they get rid of the remaining jokers there are a couple of talented people in the line-up. Barring a continued Wagner-fest, final four will be Matt, Rebecca, Aiden and Cher. All will get record deals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why do they keep giving Matt girls songs, I believe it's three weeks on the trot now he been disadvantaged.. I agree he sang well but that Roberta Flack song is a shit song with no real scope to show the full range of his vocal talents. I wasn't that impressed tbh even if it did mean something to him.

The fact that you can download any of this dross from itunes is also making the judges praise everything, most of it is still shit though, even if you are no longer being told so by the judges :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why do they keep giving Matt girls songs, I believe it's three weeks on the trot now he been disadvantaged.. I agree he sang well but that Roberta Flack song is a shit song with no real scope to show the full range of his vocal talents. I wasn't that impressed tbh even if it did mean something to him.

It's been recorded by quite a few blokes though - and was written by one, so it's not really a woman's song. What was interesting is that it's not an American song either but none of the judges picked up on that, although they did for Kids in America.

Matt and Rebecca are so much better than any of the other competitors that it's almost embarrassing to watch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's been recorded by quite a few blokes though - and was written by one, so it's not really a woman's song..

Seeing as Roberta Flack's version is the one 99% of people relate to I'd have to disagree. Because it was written by a man doesn't mean it's not a woman's song either. Can you imagine a man sounding anything but plain weird singing Knopfler's Private Dancer? :p

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Cher will win...and if not she will get snapped up anyway

First time this season that I have sat through the whole show and not normally drawn in to commenting on this dross but she is a fearsome ugly snarling cow isn't she?

Trouble is she is okay at what she is okay at, which is a very limited range of songs in a very specific style - making her sing anything outside of her limited range is just pointless. Why do it?

That said there were some truly awful performances last night. Almost no-one sang in key and I can only think of two who had some merit and only one who seems likely to have a recording career lasting longer than the first round of single/album releases. Surely much less of potential merit than ever previously or am I missing something?

And quite how and why the Great British Public have been suckered into voting for joke acts such as Wagner (and the embarrassing politician in the dancing show) is one of the most outstanding marketing cons ever perpetrated by those responsible for hyping up the income from phone votes and spin-offs.

A winner? There was one girl who sang well but wasn't massively exciting and the one lad had the merit of sounding different to what is already out there. Start him in the right pitch so he doesn't exceed his range and he should probably win but, hey, what do I know? I certainly wouldn't waste money on voting.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
First time this season that I have sat through the whole show and not normally drawn in to commenting on this dross but she is a fearsome ugly snarling cow isn't she?

Trouble is she is okay at what she is okay at, which is a very limited range of songs in a very specific style - making her sing anything outside of her limited range is just pointless. Why do it?

That said there were some truly awful performances last night. Almost no-one sang in key and I can only think of two who had some merit and only one who seems likely to have a recording career lasting longer than the first round of single/album releases. Surely much less of potential merit than ever previously or am I missing something?

And quite how and why the Great British Public have been suckered into voting for joke acts such as Wagner (and the embarrassing politician in the dancing show) is one of the most outstanding marketing cons ever perpetrated by those responsible for hyping up the income from phone votes and spin-offs.

A winner? There was one girl who sang well but wasn't massively exciting and the one lad had the merit of sounding different to what is already out there. Start him in the right pitch so he doesn't exceed his range and he should probably win but, hey, what do I know? I certainly wouldn't waste money on voting.

nor would i,and i agree with nearly all that you say BUT i know what the world of music is like these days and cher will win or be snapped up by a record label,im 99% confident of that.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Why dont they put all this reality sh*t on one channel.
people who want to watch out of key wannabes doing Kareoke whilst you get 10 year olds screaming after every attempt at singing a record is beyond me.:sick:
Louis Walsh looks like his skin will split if he has it stretched anymore on his face:tosser:
and that long haired bloke singing Elvis songs wouldnt even get into the top three of a Pontins singing contest

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Makes me laugh the grudge certain people have against cher, its almost like a witch hunt. The girl is 17 has a good voice and has a very wide variety of options, at least she isn't the same old same old every week like Mary ect. I don't particularly even like Cher but some of you lot need a reality check, she is only 17.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Real singers don't have to sing big band one week and westlife songs the next. They sing what they write/like and develop a style. A thread as Cole calls it. The X factor format is not exactly set up for that is it?

Cher is very far from my cup of chai, but there's a market for this provincial white psuedo-rap I would have thought judging by the millions of hits she has had on YouTube.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Makes me laugh the grudge certain people have against cher, its almost like a witch hunt. The girl is 17 has a good voice and has a very wide variety of options, at least she isn't the same old same old every week like Mary ect. I don't particularly even like Cher but some of you lot need a reality check, she is only 17.

Sorry. Don't know what planet you're on. She has had a remarkably easy time on the programme. Last week I thought she cracked it and put in a great performance. This week was a poor performance and didn't get the level of comment it should given the criticism that Matt got last week for a similar standard.

It should be Matt, Rebecca and one direction in the final 3 but cher might gatecrash it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will this weeks revelations about the obvious fix affect the viewing figures. At the time my wife said it was wrong for Dermot O Leary to go to Cheryl Cole after Simon Cowell, she should have been the last judge to have voted. However, that would have meant the BBC favourite would be out rather than forget her words again and just give up and still get voted back.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For what the show's after-easily marketable, instant pop fodder- it's hard to see past Cher or the boy band. I quite enjoy Aiden and the intensity he brings to his performances- he looks like he's fighting the song to the death when he sings which makes a pleasant change from most of the choreographed 'emotion' that a lot of the other performers do(look imploringly at camera 2 during this line etc etc). As for the voices, Cardle is pretty good although i fear he's destined for a career of earnest, emotional ballad type guitar pop a la James Blunt. The best of the bunch, however, is IMO, Rebecca. When she nails it her voice is incredible. I don't want her to win though, as no doubt they'll give her readily forgettable, bland, inane one size fits all shit pop and waste the talent she has.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
These reality shows mirror modern life,sadly.
There is a demand for instant fame, irrespective of talent. There is no apprenticeship in life, no learning or nurturing of craft, no honing of act and ability in front of a discerning and paying audience.
Groups of young pretty boys and girls are thrown together and called bands. FFS I thought bands played instruments!
These shows purport to be entertaining but in truth are contrived, rigged and banal and generally insult the intelligence of the viewer.
To suggest that Ann Widdecombe is entertaining is farcical. The spectacle of a small, dumpy, unattractive spinster walking around her partner, who covers up for her total inadequacy is downright embarrassing.
Anyone who finds Wagner entertaining must be mentally challenged. The man has no talent and is excruciatingly awful.
But still the public vote for them. Why? Cos, they think its clever to do so. They think they are cocking a snook at the shows, at the producers, at Cowell etc whereas, in truth, they are fuelling the interest in them.
Left to run their course, with no ' novelty / joke ' acts mixed in with the serious performers, these shows would run out of steam fairly quickly. But then, of course, the producers know this and the whole circus rolls on, fuelled by the misguided voting patterns of the public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here