Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbos 360 vs PS3

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
360s are way good - no question.

But alas, I can only have one, and so I am pootling away on my dusty old PS2 until sony price the ps3 more sensibly. To my mind it is worth the wait.

Also - the xbox sounds like a freakin wind turbine in the corner of the room. I dont think the ps3 is that bad.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was about to say that.

Metal Gear Solid on PS3 will be the one to turn the tide...

Plus the add on that lets you use your PS3 as a Sky+ box...

Rubbish, what will turn the tide is one of 2 things:-

1) Blue Ray becoming the defacto standard
2) The price being reasonable

They simply wont shift the volume required at the current price point

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I have seen the PS3 running on an ordinary TV where the colours looked awful "muddy" and the graphics weren't really all that. On an HD TV though it's breathtaking although it's bloody expensive. So if you haven't got an HD TV it's probably not worth getting.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
There will always be those that prefer one console over the other, nothing wrong with that. I just happen to believe that the 360 is much better value for money, on the basis that the Blue Ray stuff is not that important, right now anyway

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
There will always be those that prefer one console over the other, nothing wrong with that. I just happen to believe that the 360 is much better value for money, on the basis that the Blue Ray stuff is not that important, right now anyway
I was slagging off the PS3 until I had a go on F1CE and DiRT. f*** Me!!! Are they amazing. DiRT looks more polished on the PS3, and F1CE is AMAZING! Just a shame Studio Liverpool aren't releasing any patches for F1CE :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here