Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbos 360 vs PS3

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Not yet - was waiting for a comment like that before I bought it...Is it really THAT good?

For 20 quid from the Playstation Store, it is a BARGAIN. Not too sure you need the bluetooth headset that comes with the shop bought package - all I can make out is the occasional mumble.

But, its intense, there's no slowdown at all, even with 32 planes shooting the shit out of each other, and its absolutely ace.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
From someone that owns both (no I'm not gloating)...

I would say that the PS3 is far superior when it comes to driving games, the processor seems to be able to cope far better with the fast screen changes.
However, if you are into FPS or strategy games go for the 360. Purely for the fact it has been out longer, and there is a wide variety to choose from. Plus developers have had a chance to get use to how the processor works.
If you're into bubbly platformers and "cute" games get a Wii.

Also, as has been said, the PS3 has a Blu-Ray Drive. A beautiful add-on to a very good console. Well worth the £425 for the console and Blu-Ray.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I can't understand why anyone would go for the PS3 when it's so expensive. The graphics for the 360 are just as good, it's has many more games and it's cheaper.

Wait a year or so, the price of the PS3 will have dropped properly, and there will be a lot more games, of better quality.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I can't understand why anyone would go for the PS3 when it's so expensive. The graphics for the 360 are just as good, it's has many more games and it's cheaper.

Wait a year or so, the price of the PS3 will have dropped properly, and there will be a lot more games, of better quality.
Two words... Blu-Ray Drive.

OK, so in some eyes that may be three, but I'm sticking to the fact it's two.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Two words... Blu-Ray Drive.

OK, so in some eyes that may be three, but I'm sticking to the fact it's two.

ON TOP OF THAT, it will also stream downloaded movies/tv shows and music from your PC, most devices that ONLY do this will set you back at around £260+

got to be the 360.

Traded in my original box from day of release (no problems ever with it) with a new Elite model as I wanted the bigger HD for Halo3 downloads (custom maps etc..) and more XBox Arcade stuff.

As many have said if you want to play online there is no question you should get a 360. Other areas it's pretty similar both have pro's and cons.

Oh and if you want to pay extra for the next generation of betamax drives then go for PS3. :lol:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

""The 360 games wise is the best console that I have ever owned with pretty much a blockbuster in every genre. However I am now on my 4th console when MS post it back to me.

Number 1 - broken in the box.

Number 2 - evil three red lights of death and was posted back to MS to be fixed.

Number 3 - supposedly my old console fixed, although it had magically changed its serial number, and lasted long enough for me to play halo 3 once and then broke.""

Says it all really

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

""The 360 games wise is the best console that I have ever owned with pretty much a blockbuster in every genre. However I am now on my 4th console when MS post it back to me.

Number 1 - broken in the box.

Number 2 - evil three red lights of death and was posted back to MS to be fixed.

Number 3 - supposedly my old console fixed, although it had magically changed its serial number, and lasted long enough for me to play halo 3 once and then broke.""

Says it all really

.......but you neglected to say that you did in fact give the console to your pet Doberman as a play thing, prior to taking it out the box each time.

Seriously, that is bad luck, I have owned the Xbox since it came out, and upgraded to the 360 early on, and never had any issues at all. Mind you, I also have the PS2 and never had any issues with that either.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have to continually adjust the laser on my PS2 - xbox and xbox 360 working with no issues at all..

:smug

What does "continually adjust the laser" actually mean then?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
the 360

I read in a mag that you can only really notice the picture difference if you have a very very expensive hd tv, the 360 is cheaper, next year fifa and pro evo are EXCLUSIVE to 360 for a year min

simple

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here