At the foot of the downs
PS3

FACT

:thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Why redland? I'm faced with the same consideration. Loved Xbox but in Turkey hard to get stuff for Xbox. This is PS country!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have a PS3 and it is the dogs!

I know 5 people who've bought Xbox 360's and they've all overheated and broken down, one has had to send back their console 4 times!

Plus, all of the decent games are starting to be released on the PS3 now...In fact in March, you'll even be able to buy Halo 3 & World of Warcraft for the PS3!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Its got better hardware so the games (will eventually) look and play much better

1080P Hdmi output

1080p BluRay player

plays mp3's and AVIs via its simple GUI

well thats why I brought one :)

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Got both.

Arguably the PS3 has the better future once program designers get to grip with the Cell processor. As the Xbox360 has been out longer it has the better games overall currently.

PS3 has the blu ray drive built in, where the Xbox360 has the HD-DVD drive as an optional extra.

Really is toss of the coin.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Basically if you want a BluRay dvd player buy a PS3. If you want a cheaper option get a 360.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My kids are both in the 360 camp and we have never had any hardware problems, both were PS2 but have switched.

However Mini also has a Wii and I think they are superb fun, myself and Mrs Hut seem to use it more than the kids.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I believe there's no difference in game play and graphics between them.

Only Blu-ray player etc. Also 360's have an appalling failure rate so i hear.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
I have a 360 and have had no problems. I think that I will buy a PS3 in a year, when the price comes down.

I think at the moment the 360 is better as the games are made for the system, whereas the PS3 are getting them out quick to not lose too much ground in the market.
I remember when the 360 came out, the games were rushed (Pro Evo 6), but now they are taking there time in releasing them.
Once the PS3 has been out a while, the games will be worked on more by the publisher, and will compliment the system. I think the PS3 will be more successful than the PS2 personally.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The PS3 has constantly failed to deliver in terms of games, either through delays or failing to provide softare that matches the potential of the hardware.

You are better off getting a Wii, playing Zelda, Wii Play, Smash Bros, Metroid 3 and Mario Galaxy for six months and then the PS3 price will have been reduced.

A cut down version of the PS3, with a 40gb drive, no USB drives and a lack of PS2 compatability is due to be announced shortly, at a price of £299.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Never heard of an Xbos 360, but if you're willing to spend the extra the PS3 will probably be the best buy.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
MAJOR coincidence this. as this is LITERALLY the exact debate im having now. i was always a ps preferer. but two of my housemates have the 360 and it is truely immense, and costs so much less. also the swing for me was pro evo. i played the demo of it last last night and it was fantastic. that and wireless guitar hero may convert me as those are the two games i live off.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
x box 360 all the way,great online play and real good quality games ,also microsoft seem to be pulling out all the stops to spank sony

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Yo Redders (and anyone else)

Have you got Warhawk yet?? Its the dogs bollocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here