Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Factor

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I can't believe how shit all of Cheryl's boys are. It's not that they're bad singers, they can all sing, it's just that they're totally unremarkable and not very good performers.

Contrast what they did to Ollie, Danyl and Jamie. All three of them look natural on stage and give something extra rather than just standing there singing a song.

That's pretty much spot on. All the boys can sing but sing like very quiet mice and certainly lack a stage presense. The only reason they'll do well is that the majority voting demographic for the competitiion is teenage girls. I thought that all of Simon's act were extremely good. Oh and Stacey remains the funniest thing on TV at the moment.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Oh yeah and John and Edward was just like watching a car crash. Truely awful but you couldn't stop watching.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wrong song choices again, I thought these mentors were supposed to know what they are doing.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
That's pretty much spot on. All the boys can sing but sing like very quiet mice and certainly lack a stage presense. The only reason they'll do well is that the majority voting demographic for the competitiion is teenage girls. I thought that all of Simon's act were extremely good. Oh and Stacey remains the funniest thing on TV at the moment.

Joe has a bit of George Michael about his voice. By far the best of the boys.

Can't wait until Lucie gets a song that suits her voice. She's not a belter like Leona, she just has a really lovely timbre - give her songs that don't need diva finishes and stadium volumes and she'll shine IMHO.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Can't wait until Lucie gets a song that suits her voice. She's not a belter like Leona, she just has a really lovely timbre - give her songs that don't need diva finishes and stadium volumes and she'll shine IMHO.

Aggree with that. You can tell a good singer when they don't have to scream down the mic in order to hit a note, Lucie, Stacy and one third of Miss Frank are a capable of doing it.

The trick for Lucie and Stacy will be to pick something from a totally different genre and put her own style on it, if I was manager I'd give her something like Imagine by Lennon.
The weaker singers won't be able to pull it off

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Danyl is head and shoulders above everything else on the show. Stacey is good and you have to keep the twins in for a few more weeks just a comedy interlude during the rest of the show.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Danyl is this years Steve Brookstein. Lazy, arrogant and a bully (so says an acquaintance who works in the production team). As with SB , Cowell will turn a blind eye and turn on anyone who raises it.

This week Cowell gave (the weaker) two of his acts, songs no-one had heard of but criticised those who did well known songs for not varying the style. When Lloyd did do a different version of Bleeding, he crucified him/cheryl as it wasn't as good as the original.

It's all a game - here's to Jamie, Stacey, Lucie or John & Edward:clap:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The jokers should go fairly quickly on this series.

Six serious players that will be left to fight it out should be Jamie, Stacey, probably Joe, Olly, Danyl and Lucie.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
f*** me that song from Sheryl Cole was IMMENSE !.

Credit where its due she was very good and the routine was meticulous.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
She was awful. Even worse than the record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here