Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X factor this weekend

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Easy 10 said:
God its all so POINTLESS though, isn't it ?

I mean whoever wins will get their record deal, bring out a couple of singles which will make the top 10 for novelty value, before being consigned to the Woolies Bargain Bucket, and thereafter they will sink without a trace. At the very best, they might reappear in about 5 years time on "I'm A Celebrity Get me Out of Here". But more likely, they'll be found face down in a pool of their own vomit in a bedsit in Streatham, having OD'd on Harpic or something.
:lolol:

Sad but true. None of them is an absolutely standout singer - in fact, two of them can't sing at all.

Andy is the best by some distance and seems level-headed enough not to meet the grisly harpic end.

Compelling viewing though.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It's all set-up to finish exactly the same as last year, Andy is a carbon copy of Steve.
He'll win coz all the mums and girls will vote for him because he's nice and middle of the road. He'll release one record and then disappear because there isn't actually a market it. Will end up singing in a hotel bar.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
80's Seagull said:
It's all set-up to finish exactly the same as last year, Andy is a carbon copy of Steve.
He'll win coz all the mums and girls will vote for him because he's nice and middle of the road.

Yes, even when he's doing his day job.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As long as Maria does a shoot for FHM, the whole thing will have been worth it.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
God its all so POINTLESS though, isn't it ?

I mean whoever wins will get their record deal, bring out a couple of singles which will make the top 10 for novelty value, before being consigned to the Woolies Bargain Bucket, and thereafter they will sink without a trace. At the very best, they might reappear in about 5 years time on "I'm A Celebrity Get me Out of Here". But more likely, they'll be found face down in a pool of their own vomit in a bedsit in Streatham, having OD'd on Harpic or something.

You uncharitable beast Easy. I'll have you know that this show picks me from the depths of despondency every Saturday after, more often than not, a disappointing result.

It is absorbing easy going light entertainment. For all you know I may have been a contestant...so there!

:p

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
maria is fit and could actually become something. :drool:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can see Chico being a bit complacent after last week's triumph, plus the fact he's got a tough ballad to sing. He'll be one of the two in the showdown.

The other? Probably Nicholas or Conway Sisters.

I hope Nicholas goes because he's a poor man's Lemar who, in turn, is a poor man's Craig David.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Pavilionaire said:
I can see Chico being a bit complacent after last week's triumph, plus the fact he's got a tough ballad to sing. He'll be one of the two in the showdown.

The other? Probably Nicholas or Conway Sisters.

I hope Nicholas goes because he's a poor man's Lemar who, in turn, is a poor man's Craig David.

Who in turn is shite.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Conway Sisters = A poor man's Nolan Sisters
Chico = Poor man's Ricky Martin.

I only watch the head to head after 9pm because it's highly entertaining to see the loser's lifelong dreams crushed on live national telly.

None of the acts have any long-term future.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brighton Bloke said:
You uncharitable beast Easy. I'll have you know that this show picks me from the depths of despondency every Saturday after, more often than not, a disappointing result.

It is absorbing easy going light entertainment. For all you know I may have been a contestant...so there!

:p
Fair enough BB - I'm not saying its not sometimes vaguely enjoyable (in a car-crash TV kind of way). But you cannot deny that FACT that all it will do is unleash yet another celebrity wannabee into the "Ant & Dec" world of piss-poor so-called 'light entertainment' industry, which is already stuffed to the rafters with talentless and instantly forgettable GIMPS who think they've got something special to offer the world, or that their presence on our screens or in our stereos will somehow brighten up our mundane lives.

It appears that they are genuinely oblivious to the fact that, actually, they're all really rather nauseating. However, because shows like X-Factor are so successful, the side effect of that is that the Great British Public ( (c) The Sun) gets EXACTLY what it deserves. Which generally a constant stream of pure, unadulterated PAP.

Enjoy the show anyway :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Ant & Dec are very good, especially Ant (or is it Dec?)

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:
Fair enough BB - I'm not saying its not sometimes vaguely enjoyable (in a car-crash TV kind of way). But you cannot deny that FACT that all it will do is unleash yet another celebrity wannabee into the "Ant & Dec" world of piss-poor so-called 'light entertainment' industry, which is already stuffed to the rafters with talentless and instantly forgettable GIMPS who think they've got something special to offer the world, or that their presence on our screens or in our stereos will somehow brighten up our mundane lives.

It appears that they are genuinely oblivious to the fact that, actually, they're all really rather nauseating. However, because shows like X-Factor are so successful, the side effect of that is that the Great British Public ( (c) The Sun) gets EXACTLY what it deserves. Which generally a constant stream of pure, unadulterated PAP.

Enjoy the show anyway :thumbsup:

Point taken and accepted. I have no concern over the afterlife of the winner - as testament to this 'who and where is Steve Brookstein?'

It is the competion effect with all the drama and the bitching that I find entralling. I would not however trade staying in to watch it over a good beer fest mind.

:drink: :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brighton Bloke said:
Point taken and accepted. I have no concern over the afterlife of the winner - as testament to this 'who and where is Steve Brookstein?'

It is the competion effect with all the drama and the bitching that I find entralling. I would not however trade staying in to watch it over a good beer fest mind.

:drink: :drink:
Agreed. Its 'Desperation Televsion', when you're either too broke, too tied down, or just too damn lazy to go out and do something infinately more wothwhile and enjoyable with a Saturday night. Like getting pissed down the pub, stuffing yourself with pork scratchings, and leering unpleasantly at chavvy girls who are young enough to be your daughter.

:reaches for the coat & shoes:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
OK i'm going to confess that i like a bit of early sat night pap TV and yes we all know that the eventual winner will more than likely have their 5 mins of fame then be rapidly dumped if they don't generate cash for the record company. But hey its the joy of the journey for us ghouls!

For what its worth that blody prancing stripper Chico needs to go! Cannot sing to save his life and i keep expecting him to burst into Midge Ure's fave No.1 "Shaddup Your Face".

Additionally i notice that its not widely publicised that the Conway Sisters sang at the wedding of one of the blokes from Westlife. And of course who manages Westlife none other than Louis Walsh

As for Sharon Osbourne she's just a plastic bitch who needs to stop slagging off other music stars like Madonna & Bruce Dickinson.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Pavilionaire said:
Chico = Poor man's Ricky Martin

Sorry but Chico is a poor mans dog turd.

He is trying to create a hook for himself with the phrase "its Chico time" Its pathetic that some members of the British public fall for this type of American twaddle. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Get him off my TV

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Maria out....shock horror...Louis Walsh voting with his passport!!!

Is Shayne too smug

Andy and Bren too much in the comfort zone

Could it be Journey South's year?

Are the bookies giving good odds on Chico??

:D

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The whole show is not a total farce in that it is meant to be about the best singer but it has been ruined by the judge bias and petty squabbles. Maria was infact the best singer on the show, she was 100 times better than the Conway Sisters and the fact weasily Walsh kept the Conway Sisters was due to the fact they were Irish and he has worked with them and know the family. Similar to earlier when 4tune were voted out by Osbourne becuase Osbourne worked with Chenai before.

Shayne was pitiful Saturday but Cowell then says " you will be the biggest solo male artits in the UK in 2 years "

I am backing Journey South but no one can be confident with their money as its down to who is in the bottom 2 and which judge will vote based on point scoring against fellow judges and tactical voting ( Walsh also voted out Maria as she was a much bigger threat to his acts ).

Shayne 6/5
Andy 3/1
Journey South 7/2
Brenda 13/2
Nicholas 16/1
Chico 20/1
Conway Sisters 66/1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here