Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X factor this weekend

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
*sinks into X factor debate*

Hadn't seen it before this weekend, and based on the perfomrnaces of the final two, Maria was far worse than the Conway Sisters. Then saw the clips of her from the previous weeks where she sounded really good. So I conclude it was the wrong song for her.

Chico was awful, so was Nicholas.

Brenda and Shayne were good

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keeping in the Conway Sisters at the expense of Maria was an absolute travesty.

Much as I like to leer at the couple of half-decent ones in the Conway Sisters I have to be honest and say they were amateurs, 4 girls on a karaoke night out after a few Breezers.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Chico can't sing, but he has stage prescence - he's good to watch. They can tweak his voice in the studio to get him to sell records, they can't give the Corrs/Nolans a personality on the stage!

It's all a big con - Sharron is a total embarassment, like your old auntie who still thinks she is 18 and keeps touching up the young blokes who wish she would just have one more sherry and fall asleep on the sofa. Louis thinks he has to be nasty and comes across as a leprechaun with a slight headache. Simon tells the truth, but is still seen as the "bad one".

It's all a load of old cobblers anyway - there has to be something better to do that watch programmes like this?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some genuine talent has come out of these shows

Will Young
Girls Aloud

and the best

Lemaar

Journey South are the best of this bunch

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Brighton Bloke said:
You need not be afraid I hear that your cannot boogie or jive!!
Believe me some leather has been burnt off my shoes and dance floor tiles have been replaced after a night of Jive bunnying, hip shaking, beep bopping, Breakdancing Croydonbloke in town!!:D

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Uncle Spielberg said:
Some genuine talent has come out of these shows

Will Young
Girls Aloud

and the best

Lemaar

Journey South are the best of this bunch

Forgotten about Steve Brookstein already, Mr Glover?

You thought he was BRILLIANT last year. :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brookstein was the best singer last year

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Uncle Spielberg said:
Brookstein was the best singer last year

Yes, but zero individuality or character - or ‘X factor’, if you will - and therefore, as was pointed out at the time (by myself and many others on NSC), zero chance of selling any records.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Journey South all the way for me.

Wozza said:
Yes, but zero individuality or character - or ‘X factor’, if you will - and therefore, as was pointed out at the time (by myself and many others on NSC), zero chance of selling any records.

Same as every contestant on there this year then. Some good singers, some good performers, some utter shite, but no one with everything that it takes to go anywhere in the music business.

The biggest problem with these shows is that the people that watch them and vote for the entrants are not the usual record buying demographic. So consequently these fucktards win the show, get a record deal and only sell 11 copies of their album, before being resigned to Woolworths bargain bin and the odd Butlins appearance.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
You have to be joking Gareth. Surely you're only backing them as you've got decent odds on them. They wont win, they're very very poor, even by the appalling standards set on that show.

They are bloody good in my opin. On what basis do you think that they are very poor?

Brighton Bloke said:
They are bloody good in my opin. On what basis do you think that they are very poor?

On the basis that they can't sing, have absolutely no stage presence and look like a couple of production line boy band clones. Trouble is they wont even sell records based on their looks.

Anyone that performs Bon Jovi songs to help their popularity needs to be put out of their misery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here