Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WTF no official or unofficial thread and we're 2-0 up

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Dies Irae said:
Why play Revell out on the wing?

Whilst he is tall he isn't a burly, hold it up target man and would probably get marked out of games by the types of centre backs you get in this division. Put him up against a shorter left back then when we send long high diagonal balls he has a much better chance of winning them and perhaps setting something up. It's not rocket science.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
hitony said:
If that question is aimed at me then......

im sorry, but im not even going to answer a daft question like that, it does not warrant a reply, i am a brighton supporter, i spend alot of money following the albion through thick and thin, so i think my answer would be pretty obvious, dont you ? :dunce:

well yes but you seem to be happy with throwing away a 2 goal lead and 3 points at home,to one of our so called bogey teams, i myself am not happy with that and wheather its 3 games into the season or half way, it is simply not good enough. i do hope we dont miss out on the play offs by 2 points this season.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
The first half hour was simply brillant, but after that we just went downhill. When Brentford scored the free-kick we just didn't look the side we where for the first half hour, during the second half we gave some good crosses into the box but their was no one on the end of them. Mayo was poor in the second half, he totally lost his man, got absolutely raped by their left winger. Brentford didn't look like scoring untill their equaliser.

Bagayoko said:
no but if we were to throw away leads all season long and settle for draws then it would

Settle for a draw? They scored with the last kick of the game you twat. We hardly settled for it, we didn't have time to go up the other end.

It was shite defending for their equaliser. El Abd missed the header, and Mayo probably should have been able to clear it before it went over the line, I'm giving Kerry the benefit of the doubt this time though as it was always going to be close.

Their first goal was because of another sloppy tackle just outside our box. It's the usual conundrum of whether or not to stick someone on the line or not. We didn't, the guy stuck it in. If we had then we'd have been playing them all onside.

What we need to do is stop giving away silly free kicks in dangerous areas, stop pissing about with it in our back four (Lynch, Mayo and El Abd were especially guilty of this today), and keep going forward when we're in front rather than inviting teams onto us. For all of Lynch's covering and brilliance today we can't afford to sit back.

Anyway, still unbeaten against a team that I suspected would turn us over today. It felt like a defeat, but it wasn't. I'm sure the boys will be feeling it too.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Settle for a draw? They scored with the last kick of the game you twat. We hardly settled for it, we didn't have time to go up the other end.

It was shite defending for their equaliser. El Abd missed the header, and Mayo probably should have been able to clear it before it went over the line, I'm giving Kerry the benefit of the doubt this time though as it was always going to be close.

Their first goal was because of another sloppy tackle just outside our box. It's the usual conundrum of whether or not to stick someone on the line or not. We didn't, the guy stuck it in. If we had then we'd have been playing them all onside.

What we need to do is stop giving away silly free kicks in dangerous areas, stop pissing about with it in our back four (Lynch, Mayo and El Abd were especially guilty of this today), and keep going forward when we're in front rather than inviting teams onto us. For all of Lynch's covering and brilliance today we can't afford to sit back.

Anyway, still unbeaten against a team that I suspected would turn us over today. It felt like a defeat, but it wasn't. I'm sure the boys will be feeling it too.

Aa fans settlin for a draw not the players, you prick.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bagayoko said:
but we were 2-0 up, most teams would be able to defend that.

Idiot.Bristol City are won of the favorites to go up and they have thrown away leads twice(lost)Talk shit boy

Bagayoko said:
Aa fans settlin for a draw not the players, you prick.

What the f*** are we supposed to do then? We're still unbeaten. We dropped two points today thanks to a sloppy bit of defending right at the very end of the game against a team who are also still unbeaten.

If we'd got stuffed 3 out of 3 I could understand some of your comments. Sick of supporting a shit team? f*** right off then. You're hardly a supporter are you? The first time we drop points and you start bitching like we've been relegated. You weren't there so I you don't really have much of a clue either.

I'm f***ed off that we didn't win today, we deserved to win, but one bad mistake cost us dearly. I don't think that makes us a shit team. I don't think that means we should be calling for McGhee/Knight/Mayo/whoever's head. I think that we need to get right behind the team again at Forest next week.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
enjoyed the game today,we pissed the first 20 mins and then sat back,although couldnt see them scoring,they were alaways going to have a good spell and their front 2 ran rings round us for a bit but didnt trouble us where it mattered until the end,settle for the draw.passing at times top draw esp stokes,then woefull last 3rd of the game.think we will get tonked next week but if we can sort out a few niggly little things we will be ok,keep the faith we are going in the right direction

Bagayoko said:
hitony said:
What a stupid comment

WHY??

I see your hero is Bakayoko (shame you can't even spell his name right though).

Remind me how well his team are doing again compared to us - I'm all ears :lolol: :lolol:

And you say you support a "shit team"? :tosser:

Theatre of Trees said:
Whilst he is tall he isn't a burly, hold it up target man and would probably get marked out of games by the types of centre backs you get in this division. Put him up against a shorter left back then when we send long high diagonal balls he has a much better chance of winning them and perhaps setting something up. It's not rocket science.

And he won loads of headers with those diagonals too, you would think it's fairly obvious why he's there, wouldn't you? His link-up play from the wing was good too and put over some nice crosses, this is no non-league clogger, we've picked up a decent player here :clap: :clap: :clap:

Last edited:

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
i actually changed my name to that after the worthing games as i thought there was no way we wouldnt sign him, oh well!! and it was the mods that spelt it wrong. so yes,as an albion fan, i do support a shit team, at least i can admit that.

Bagayoko said:
i actually changed my name to that after the worthing games as i thought there was no way we wouldnt sign him, oh well!! and it was the mods that spelt it wrong. so yes,as an albion fan, i do support a shit team, at least i can admit that.

WE ARE GOING UP!

Who does that refer to you confused soul, us or Millwall? :lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bagayoko said:
us, but am not so sure now.

Why because we drew.You are a goon.If we win next week will you change your tune again?

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
no, if we carry on throwing away leads then i will have no confidence in the team, just cos we have played 3, won 2 ,doesnt mean we are gonna go straight back up, we should of had a couple of decent signings by now, better man managment to help our more skillull players fill there potential, and got rid of more of the deadwood in the team.

Goon u say...? whatever.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Bagayoko said:
no, if we carry on throwing away leads then i will have no confidence in the team, just cos we have played 3, won 2 ,doesnt mean we are gonna go straight back up, we should of had a couple of decent signings by now, better man managment to help our more skillull players fill there potential, and got rid of more of the deadwood in the team.

Goon u say...? whatever.

This is earnest in disguise :lolol: its gotta be :p

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Bagayoko said:

You changed your name from what though ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here