Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wristwatches,do you wear one ?

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
A TAG Heuer that i bought 27 years ago.
Rolex Explorer 2007 that i bought before the prices went silly.
Zenith Ultra Thin i bought for my 50th.

Apple watch...... No would rather wear one with Mickey mouse on it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A TAG Heuer that i bought 27 years ago.
Rolex Explorer 2007 that i bought before the prices went silly.
Zenith Ultra Thin i bought for my 50th.

Apple watch...... No would rather wear one with Mickey mouse on it.

You can get a Mickey Mouse face on an Apple watch :thumbsup:

I did buy one in an impulse purchase, it’s now gathering dust though

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I love watches and I'm always wearing one. I've got a Garmin Forerunner 245 that I wear for sport, then I rotate between a Tudor Heritage Ranger, an Omega Seamaster, and when I've replaced the crystal a Tudor Chronograph that I built out of old parts sourced off ebay and watch forums and even a car boot over several years (strictly for myself, would never attempt to pass it off as a complete original and/or sell it - one look at the movement and any dealer would know anyway...it's a genuine 7750 but a modern one that's from a Hamilton I think). I've played around with fixing/building them for a while, and began building up a few bits to have a go at making my own Albion chronograph based on a vintage Breitling Top Time style - even designed the dial and did a prototype print with a decal transfer. Designed it with a marker to show where the FA Cup money is hidden, lines showing the path from the Amex centre circle to the Withdean, the Goldstone and Gillingham, a subdial counter that showed 92 minutes to make sure that after the final whistle any time to allow Man Utd to score was still taken into account etc etc. I might resurrect it as a project for the summer.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Interesting thread.

Can someone point me in the direction of a decent(ish) watch that I can wear in the sea please?

I'd like one with hands, rather than digital, but with a stopwatch function of some sort....

Thanks.

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Interesting tread.

Can someone point me in the direction of a decent(ish) watch that I can wear in the sea please?

I'd like one with hands, rather than digital, but with a stopwatch function of some sort....

Thanks.

Casio g shock do lots of sports watches with analogue/digital displays that will be waterproof and in some cases the top of the range look bomb proof and pretty classy to boot.

https://casiofanmag.com/g-shock/running/

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
My Tag Grand Carrera that i bought myself a few years ago, but as i do a manual job i've worn a Casio G-Shock in the week the last few years which I've just updated to an Apple watch (with a screen cover as it feels really vulnerable after the bomb-proof G-Shock)
ATTACH=CONFIG]147094[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_8988.jpg
    IMG_8988.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My Tag Grand Carrera that i bought myself a few years ago, but as i do a manual job i've worn a Casio G-Shock in the week the last few years which I've just updated to an Apple watch (with a screen cover as it feels really vulnerable after the bomb-proof G-Shock)
ATTACH=CONFIG]147094[/ATTACH]

Looking at your avatar are you a plumber?
I never wear a watch to work because I would definitely damage it, especially when changing bath taps.
Many years back I had a cheap Casio and got some solvent cement on the strap and the glue melted it onto my wrist :facepalm:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I, and the late Mike Bell won the index of performance at LeMans Classic in 2016, driving a 1954 Porsche 356 . . . I had no idea we'd won, just chuffed to finish in the top 10 . . . . We got called to go to prize giving . . .massive trophy, trinkets gonks jacket t shirt etc . . . And a stonking Richard Mille watch.

It wasn't our car and I got offered the drive gratis, so more than grateful for that. The watch, apparently pays for the entry cost . . . The trophy is in the cabinet of Pace who prepared the car, I have the momories and photo's . . . A special weekend, even if I was just wearing my peasants Monaco ;-)

Last edited:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Looking at your avatar are you a plumber?
I never wear a watch to work because I would definitely damage it, especially when changing bath taps.
Many years back I had a cheap Casio and got some solvent cement on the strap and the glue melted it onto my wrist :facepalm:

Yes, hence the G-Shock which took everything I threw at it. Bit choosier over my work nowadays but still petrified I’ll ruin the Apple Watch but I really do like the functionality of it.
Still love my Tag for best tho👍

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes, hence the G-Shock which took everything I threw at it. Bit choosier over my work nowadays but still petrified I’ll ruin the Apple Watch but I really do like the functionality of it.
Still love my Tag for best tho👍

The reason I stopped wearing a watch was machine shop/ race cars, dyno engines etc . . . Just felt like an un necessary risk to not only the watch, but my hand/wrist as well!

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Interesting thread.

Thanks.

Try Spinnaker Watches. https://www.spinnaker-watches.com/
I have one of these. The Hull California Chrono All Black. Very good and reasonably priced. https://www.spinnaker-watches.com/collections/hull-mens-watch/products/hull-all-black-sp-5092-44

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I stopped for about 10 years but now I wear the new fitness watches and I like that I can have my phone on silent and my watch informs me of a call or message.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here