Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Wristwatches,do you wear one ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer and Rolex Submariner, now looking for a Tudor Black Bay Bronze, like a watch.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Have an Apple Watch, but since I changed jobs and now work exclusively from home, I forget to put it on most days. Contemplating selling it, but I suspect it’s worth nowhere near what I paid for it. I’d give it to my son, but I gave him my old iPhone and he managed to smash the screen to bits. I doubt the watch will last a week…..bloody teenagers

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Only ever ad 2 watches. First as a kid my Grandpa gave me a nice one, but the glass cracked and my parents suggested the radioactive glow in the dark numbers should be avoided. Second was a Soviet era beauty, brought back around '89. Lost it in the North Stand within a week. So if anyone has seen it I too could wear a watch again.
If only Ernest was still around

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Arrived last week, Tudor Black Bay Ceramic.

7B44256E-742C-40A2-8B45-D3D2C93993F3.jpeg

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
16582291592306047288633727613775.jpg

My retirement pressy to myself .
Chinese Seagull 1963 purchased via Australia.
Arrived today on my last working day!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry if already mentioned.
This is a post that could easily sit in 'Youtube rabbitholes'.

Last night I stumbled into this fellas channel and OMG, I appreciate the fact it (& I) is terminally boring but it's also a rollercoaster of emotions.

He's basically IT Crowd Moss with production values.

I think my fascination stems from the fact I know, much like trawling for deep sea crab in Alaska, it's physically impossible for me to replicate his work.
No amount of time, effort, training or practice, would enable me to do what he does, which I find captivating.

WARNING.
If you do look at the videos YOU WILL WANT TO OWN THE WATCH, when he's finished.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Tag Heur Aquaracer, but since I retired I don't wear it at all and just use my Fitbit. Just have to remember it's 4 minutes slow, no idea how to change it!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’ve got a small collection of Seiko’s and the strap is broken on every single one of them.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I've learned to question the point of everything. With smartphones being so bloody brilliant I have pensioned off loads of stuff and haven't looked back. Watches and wallets are for puffs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks to my latest rabbithole on The YouTube, their algorithm now thinks I'm Mr Wristwatch.
So it suggested I watch this, and now I'm doing the same.

This is a pleasing and all too predictable Antiques Roadshow story with a moment of pure am-dram theatre, you won't see coming.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks to my latest rabbithole on The YouTube, their algorithm now thinks I'm Mr Wristwatch.
So it suggested I watch this, and now I'm doing the same.

This is a pleasing and all too predictable Antiques Roadshow story with a moment of pure am-dram theatre, you won't see coming.

Absolutely lovely (y)

I don't do normally do sentimental and things/jewellery type stuff even less but from page1 of this thread
For the last 33 years I wear my engagement present from Mrs Wz almost all the time, on the rare occasion I don't, I wear the one I inherited from my stepfather

View attachment 146919

Old skool :wink:

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
watch.jpg

I wear one of these as a daily watch but have others. Nothing flash.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
View attachment 153693

I wear one of these as a daily watch but have others. Nothing flash.
I found 2 identical seiko automatics at my Step Dads after he died. The (nearly) new one I gave to my son, the old one, in perfect working order, I just cleaned and fitted a new strap. A really good watch for every day. Even new they're half the price of a Monaco service!!!

Another recommendation for Wheelers in Worthing. Apparently my Monaco is an early reissue with a different/better movement (same as Breitling and others) than the newer ones, so whilst the service made my ring twitch, it came back looking like new and currently worth double what it cost me ( admittedly 18 years ago!)

The Seiko does for work/workshop perfectly.

I also found a small gold Avia deluxe which I think was my step grandfathers. I don't suppose its worth anything, but it works so I'll get it serviced and maybe a new strap, just because.

Attachments

• 16072B81-3944-4AD7-A0F5-59DFA69FCEA9.jpeg
    16072B81-3944-4AD7-A0F5-59DFA69FCEA9.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 50
  • 6FBFF230-4AFB-4585-8D30-8D844EEC6686.jpeg
    6FBFF230-4AFB-4585-8D30-8D844EEC6686.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 52

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The only watch I have of any value is an Oris Hammerhead which I purchased from an inheritance from my grandad.

Based on the sentimental and secondary actual value i no longer wear it in London as the west end and city are rife for thefts.

Apple Watch for a back up when I’m in town seems the sensible move to make
44EE08CE-78F1-4C4A-AC77-D882D8CC96B9.jpeg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The only watch I have of any value is an Oris Hammerhead which I purchased from an inheritance from my grandad.

Based on the sentimental and secondary actual value i no longer wear it in London as the west end and city are rife for thefts.

Apple Watch for a back up when I’m in town seems the sensible move to make View attachment 153698
Same scenario with my MOnaco. Sadly. I rarely go anywhere near London . . .although can inflict damage of my own at will 😂🙄

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
The opposite to the really expensive watches, my daily 'beater ' for gardening, cost 1p plus a few quid postage from Ukraine some years back . Chaika brand from soviet era that just keeps going ( winder is now badly worn ) . The strap cost far more (£6 iirc ) ..
20221115_114109.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There is no way I could bin my watch and use my phone instead. No logical reason. Still wearing the Tudor Heritage Ranger with no thoughts of changing the "child's watch" as my daughter calls it :smile:

717B7118-811A-4818-ACD3-D2DD7A5D0792.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here