Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wright Signs..

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Ive heard fee will total around 175K after appearances etc so with that kind of wonga i'd imagine we're signing someone with more potential than just a back up to Jimmy Mc. Not sure if it's already been said but the SPL side who went in for him yesterday was Hearts.

Ive never seen this guy play. How does he compare to Joel Lynch who we sold for £200k, just £25k more than this figure for Wright?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
very happy with this news.

Having seen him play at torquay, i was very impressed. looks solid at the back and confident on the ball. not to bad going forward either. and another one for the future!

good signing (if it goes without a hitch)

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Ive never seen this guy play. How does he compare to Joel Lynch who we sold for £200k, just £25k more than this figure for Wright?

Ive never seen him play either but the big thing that sets him aside from Joel is that Jake actually wants to play for us :thumbsup:
Looks like a like for like replacement but dont forget that although Joel only went for 25k more there was a cheeky sell on clause incase his head shrinks again and he plays to his ability.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From the one look at him I would say they are much of a muchness but Jake has the edge just because he wants to play for us

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Isn't it strange that Crawley, who are on our dorstep, have managed to find and sell on 3 exciting prospects in the last few days.

Says a lot about our scouting system under Barry Lloyd.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Ive never seen him play either but the big thing that sets him aside from Joel is that Jake actually wants to play for us :thumbsup:
Looks like a like for like replacement but dont forget that although Joel only went for 25k more there was a cheeky sell on clause incase his head shrinks again and he plays to his ability.

Agreeing with you there. Its just the fee's are similar, they are the same age, play the same positions, yet one has come from Non-League and one is going to Division 2

I have not seen him play, people are building him up, I just hope for his sake he doesnt go down the Robinson route with an army of "Jakey" followers, saying one day he will be good, and one day will fulfill his potential.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Agreeing with you there. Its just the fee's are similar, they are the same age, play the same positions, yet one has come from Non-League and one is going to Division 2

I have not seen him play, people are building him up, I just hope for his sake he doesnt go down the Robinson route with an army of "Jakey" followers, saying one day he will be good, and one day will fulfill his potential.

Agreed but I feel that the thing that held Robinson back was that he was too (here we go again) LIGHTWEIGHT for the higher leagues. Russell doesnt seem to like signing lightweight defenders so fingers crossed that wont be problem here.......only time will tell though.

Jake Wright was a Bradford trainee so not a local boy that has been spotted by Crawley and slipped through the Albion scouting net to anyone that wants to start knocking the scouting set up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Isn't it strange that Crawley, who are on our dorstep, have managed to find and sell on 3 exciting prospects in the last few days.

Says a lot about our scouting system under Barry Lloyd.

Barry Lloyd should never of been allowed back into the club after what he did before

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Could be that if he does the biz at LB, McNulty may get his reintroduction in left midfield. Could be the right way to ease him in and build his confidence. This is now the best squad in terms of strength in depth that I can remember. Whether it's got the quality remains to be seen.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
as i have said before i liked him at torquay was organising and looked good on the ball,made one great clearence in the 1st half which lookeda certain goal

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
So far we have done well in the transfer market

Goal Keeper - Smith
Defenders - Tunnicliffe, J Wright
Midfielders - Dicker, Crofts, Thornhill, M Wright
Strikers - Dickinson

Get Billy Sharpe and John-Joe O'Toole in, I would be very happy and optimistic for the up coming season

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
So far we have done well in the transfer market

Goal Keeper - Smith
Defenders - Tunnicliffe, J Wright
Midfielders - Dicker, Crofts, Thornhill, M Wright
Strikers - Dickinson

Get Billy Sharpe and John-Joe O'Toole in, I would be very happy and optimistic for the up coming season

Where have the O'Toole rumours come from? From what I've seen of him, he's far too good for league 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here