Wrexham replay is live on S4C on Tuesday, 7:45pm kickoff [Finally]

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Pobol y Cwm is like a welsh soap sort of eastenders / corrie but set in wales, the only reason I know is when i was a site manager many years back they filmed some of it on my housing site near caerphilly.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is S4C streamed online?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Morons, usually.

Far from it. People whose primary concern is to guarantee the highest possible ratings and therefore ad revenue. Wrexham-Brighton may be romantic and therefore perfect for the licence fee funded BBC or subscription funded Sky, but ITV will look purely at how many viewers it will attract. A potential upset always helps of course but if Albion are two up by half time, the figures would then be minuscule - so they have to weigh up the likelihood of that against the 'safety' of having premier league clubs on screen.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm quite happy with this, but the commentary will be Welsh. I remember watching Glamorgan VS Sussex in the 20/20 on it, trust me you will want to watch it on MUTE.

I dunno, I quite like it. I just watched some the feed which consisted of a lady apparently spitting at a man for 30 seconds before perfectly enunciating the word "avocado".

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pobol y Cwm is like a welsh soap sort of eastenders / corrie but set in wales, the only reason I know is when i was a site manager many years back they filmed some of it on my housing site near caerphilly.

I think I once heard that it is the longest running soap in the World

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Has it actually been confirmed that it is on S4C?

The website has these programmes listed..

19:00 Wedi 7
19:30 Newyddion
20:00 Pobol y Cwm
20:55 Y Tywydd
20:55 Penawdau Newyddion No further details available at present
21:30 Dweud Pethe
22:00 Antur y Gorllewin - Yr Asores, Madeira a Portiwgal

But for all i know, that could be welsh for football.

confirmed now with a press release, English subtitles but not English coms, maybe if we all email them they may consider an alternative English coms when they see a lot of interest outside Wales and will boost the viewing figures. S4C Contact form

S4C Press release

t

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
confirmed now with a press release, English subtitles but not English coms, maybe if we all email them they may consider an alternative English coms when they see a lot of interest outside Wales and will boost the viewing figures. S4C Contact form

S4C Press release

t

Usually if they don't have the English commentary, it is due to broadcast rights and not interest. In this example, S4/C have probably only been granted the rights to broadcast in Welsh language. ESPN and ITV have probably paid for the sole shared rights to broadcast FA cup games in English.

Worth a go, though.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The radio must be better than the subtitles.

As has been said before, the names will be in English. Also when you go to a live game you don't get commentary, so i am sure it will be alright. It will be just like sitting next to a chatty welshman during the game - you don't have to listen to him!

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Showing as Weds night !

19:15 Cwpan FA: Wrecsam v Brighton

Following Wrexham's excellent performance and a creditable draw away to Brighton a little over a week ago in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, the unique romance that surrounds this competition is burning once again at the Racecourse. A home tie against mighty Newcastle awaits the winners in the next round, and the memories of beating Arsenal at the same stage of the competition 20 years ago will doubtless fire the imagination and be an inspiration to the current squad in their efforts to emulate the Dragons of 1991-92. Morgan Jones presents Wrexham v Brighton in the company of John Hartson and Dai Davies, with commentary and analysis from Dylan Ebenezer and Malcolm Allen.

Usually if they don't have the English commentary, it is due to broadcast rights and not interest. In this example, S4/C have probably only been granted the rights to broadcast in Welsh language.
I have never read of football broadcast rights being restricted by language! What is much more likely is S4C's legal restriction on the percentage of programmes it can broadcast in English. However, if ever there were programmes suited to being broadcast in English, then I would have thought matches involving clubs in predominantly English speaking areas like Wrexham would be them (although I can remember once being intrigued by a family speaking Welsh in Argos, Wrexham!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The S4c press release says Wednesday too...

S4C will broadcast live and exclusive free to air coverage of Wrexham FC’s FA Cup Third Round replay match against Brighton.

The game at the Racecourse ground on Wednesday 18 January will be covered by the Channel’s football series Sgorio.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It better not be Wednesday night. The ONE Wednesday evening shift I do in a year and I miss a bloody TV game.

Please say it's Tuesday:nono:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have never read of football broadcast rights being restricted by language! What is much more likely is S4C's legal restriction on the percentage of programmes it can broadcast in English. However, if ever there were programmes suited to being broadcast in English, then I would have thought matches involving clubs in predominantly English speaking areas like Wrexham would be them (although I can remember once being intrigued by a family speaking Welsh in Argos, Wrexham!)

S4C only ever broadcast in Welsh, even the weather etc, it is a welsh speaking television channel.

People can send what they like to who they like, i will promise you now the commentary will be in Welsh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here