Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham - an absolute credit to football (merged)

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
If someone like Wayne Rooney or John Terry had behaved like Andy Morrell did last night, there would be a 5 page character assasination on here. His constant haranguining (sic?) of the referee, not to mention his diving, was a disgrace. Am I right in thinking he didn't even get booked? Great goal though.

Other than him, Wrexham looked the business. That's what winning games week in, week out does for you. Obeng looked mustard. Sign him up!

The bloke has serious anger issues & should have been booked, I think he would have been if he hadn't been subed, tbo thought for a moment ref might have even been thinking red. Should have also been booked for that dive.

supporter3

Jan 19, 2012
Thought both wrexham lads deserved yellows for their tackles. Wasnt quite a 2 footed tackle from their latter one as his trailing leg caught him. I thought barnes tackle on their flying winger and then stood on his back following through looked a bit dodgy and glad ref didnt spot it. Whether it was deliberate only the player will know himself. As for the game itself how the hell we got through that tie with a victory i will never know but aint complaining.

supporter3

Jan 19, 2012
The bloke has serious anger issues & should have been booked, I think he would have been if he hadn't been subed, tbo thought for a moment ref might have even been thinking red. Should have also been booked for that dive.

The amount of decisions going against him made me laugh, i think i would have been cheesed off aswell in his boots. Showed passion, shame some of our players didnt play with that kind of spirit last night. We hardly worked their goalkeeper apart from say two chances. We made them look a better side than what they probably are , due to a poor performance from us.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The amount of decisions going against him made me laugh, i think i would have been cheesed off aswell in his boots. Showed passion, shame some of our players didnt play with that kind of spirit last night. We hardly worked their goalkeeper apart from say two chances. We made them look a better side than what they probably are , due to a poor performance from us.

It wasn't passion. It was foul mouthed abuse and cheating.

redstarwxm

Feb 21, 2011
wrexham
Don't want to get involved in a tit for tat regarding dirty play but it seems a few of you missed Hoskins elbow into Harris' face (1st half) and Barnes stamp on chizzy (injury time 2ndhalf).

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Wander what odds can I get for Wrexham to be in league 1 in 2 seasons? Think I'd take anything over 3-1. Good luck to them and all who follow.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't want to get involved in a tit for tat regarding dirty play but it seems a few of you missed Hoskins elbow into Harris' face (1st half) and Barnes stamp on chizzy (injury time 2ndhalf).

I saw Barnes' stamp and commented to the missus that that's what he'd been sent off for three weeks ago. He was lucky it wasn't spotted or he'd have probably got a red again

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I saw Barnes' stamp and commented to the missus that that's what he'd been sent off for three weeks ago. He was lucky it wasn't spotted or he'd have probably got a red again

Indeed. It somehow did look a bit lightweight perhaps unintentional but could easily have been viewed as a sending off offence.

Jan 18, 2012
Your total ignorance of the situation means you really ought to clear off and maybe not come back until you have formed a dignity gene. You can take your boyfriend Marshy68 with you.

Pair of muppets.

Oh I'm so so sorry. Your 40,000 odd number of posts means your opinion is far more noteworthy and superior over mine. Just because I haven't spent half my life posting utter drivel like you have on this messageboard doesn't mean I'm wrong. And how have i showed 'ignorance to the situation'? You've simply put a couple of longer, more complicated than normal sounding words together in a pathetic attempt at trying to look clever.

You know I'm right but you just can't stand to go against the great lords at NSC. They were 2 horrendous tackles that deserved red cards. If a Peterborough player did them on saturday then you'd be slaughtering them. Simply because it's little plucky old Wrexham who try hard and had money issues doesn't make it alright.

Take your head out of the NSC Grandfathers' arses and have a bit of respect for yourself.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
In all honesty that was probably a bit over the top for a messageboard but hey ho the jist of it was about right

Fair enough, of course we are all entitled to our own opinions, pretty boring world if we all thought the same

Last edited:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Didnt see the elbow but you are correct Barnes should have been sent off - the bloke has no brain - and that was proved during his epic post match interview.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh I'm so so sorry. Your 40,000 odd number of posts means your opinion is far more noteworthy and superior over mine. Just because I haven't spent half my life posting utter drivel like you have on this messageboard doesn't mean I'm wrong. And how have i showed 'ignorance to the situation'? You've simply put a couple of longer, more complicated than normal sounding words together in a pathetic attempt at trying to look clever.

You know I'm right but you just can't stand to go against the great lords at NSC. They were 2 horrendous tackles that deserved red cards. If a Peterborough player did them on saturday then you'd be slaughtering them. Simply because it's little plucky old Wrexham who try hard and had money issues doesn't make it alright.

Take your head out of the NSC Grandfathers' arses and have a bit of respect for yourself.

Edna has post of the day, you are twat of the day. I was at the match and in no way were they red card offences. The Wrexham fans were superb, they made both our full backs look like Sunday league players, and it was a a fun night out (if only for the 'fucksake-o-meter' going to 11. We were lucky last night, and anyone who thinks different needs their eyes tested.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Edna has post of the day, you are twat of the day. I was at the match and in no way were they red card offences. The Wrexham fans were superb, they made both our full backs look like Sunday league players, and it was a a fun night out (if only for the 'fucksake-o-meter' going to 11. We were lucky last night, and anyone who thinks different needs their eyes tested.

I agree. Morrell looks like a nasty piece of work though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Oh dear.

You criticise, whine and grizzle because I - like so many others on here - have my own mind, and you haven't worked that out yet. It evidently hasn't occurred to you that so many people appreciating Wrexham's efforts might just be from a whole host of people understanding the concept of appreciation. There's no party line here, even if you think you've created one.

You yourself admit you don't know what the fuss is about. How about you actually go and educate yourself and find out? If after that, the whole concept of dignity, decency and mutual appreciation are beyond your limited wit, then let us know.

Until then, feel free to stop your grizzling.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Your total ignorance of the situation means you really ought to clear off and maybe not come back until you have formed a dignity gene. You can take your boyfriend Marshy68 with you.

Pair of muppets.

Why a muppet? Because i dont feel the need to wax lyrical about wrexham? Gosh I might post something anti doncaster or plymouth that would get you going? God forbid i mention i dont like palace.

Didnt some brighton fan get nearly beaten to death by a load of wrexham supporters in our last away trip there? Awww bless them the plucky little non leaguers

But i am pleased to know i have a boyfriend - that really has cheered me up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here