Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham - an absolute credit to football (merged)

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Played really well and should have beat us. But will take the win and the money, if we play anything like that against Newcastle we will get smahed.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It was always going to be one hell of a battle and Wrexham can take great heart from the way they've played in both matches. I really hope they win the Conference now which I'm sure they will. Football can be a cruel game - we were sickeningly beaten by Luton in the southern area final in the JPT on penalties to miss out on a trip to Wembley three years ago.

Bring on the Geordies. :clap2:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Calm down dear

totally calm dont understand this love in for wrexham thats all - we won they lost i have no affection for them - think all this they were great is patronising. If Vincelot's leg was broken would you be patting them on the head saying how good they were? Dirty conference cloggers - end off - bring on the toon.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
For a team 3 divisions below us Wrexham were bloody brilliant. Congrats to Wrexham, you deserve to be back in the league & will be soon - sorry for the mugging tonight.

Always have good memories of Wrexham. I remember football genius Johnny Crumplin smacking one in direct from a corner!! :lolol:

Jan 18, 2012
Spot the Fleetwood fan who registered to make his 1st post to say this... lol.

what has this got to do with fleetwood? i registered because i cant stand the poncy praising of the 'plucky underdogs' who 'gave it their all' and 'deserved alot more'. we were a shite team a few years ago playing hoofball and no one gave a toss back then so why should we care about them when we're actually half decent?!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
totally calm dont understand this love in for wrexham thats all - we won they lost i have no affection for them - think all this they were great is patronising. If Vincelot's leg was broken would you be patting them on the head saying how good they were? Dirty conference cloggers - end off - bring on the toon.

I have no affection for them, but credit where its due.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We have a quite special relationship with Wreham, Plymouth and Donny fans - I wonder how many other clubs' fans could say that they are similarly "friends" with another club simply because of a shared committment to helping each other in times of need. I think it is quite special and I am really rather proud of it.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Well played Wrexham.
Nothing more though. We played poorly on a crap pitch, they made some terrible tackles and that Morell should have got booked.
Couldn't care less about them anymore though, Bring on the geordies!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
We have a quite special relationship with Wreham, Plymouth and Donny fans - I wonder how many other clubs' fans could say that they are similarly "friends" with another club simply because of a shared committment to helping each other in times of need. I think it is quite special and I am really rather proud of it.
Snap

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

They weren't remotely dirty: if anything we were marginally dirtier than them but it wasn't a dirty game in the slightest. So now the only gentle patronising that's going on around here is in your general direction, for being wrong. There, there.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

This.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wrexham performed fantastically well over 210 minutes of football against us, a well regarded Championship team with £1m+ players. Yes they displayed the guts and commitment you'd expect from a team playing in 'their Cup Final' but they brought so much more to the tie too.

To the naysayers on this thread - do one please. Start a "I don't get this thing with Wrexham" thread if you really must.

Allow those who are able to proceed through their football supporting lives giving credit where it is due, to praise Wrexham, thank them for their contribution to BHA's FA Cup excitement this year, and wish them the best for their future.

2 weeks ago I couldn't have told you where Wrexham were in the Conference - now I'll be looking out each and every week and willing them back into the Football League.

Well done Wrexham, and the very, very best of luck.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
They weren't remotely dirty: if anything we were marginally dirtier than them but it wasn't a dirty game in the slightest. So now the only gentle patronising that's going on around here is in your general direction, for being wrong. There, there.

there were at least two straight red card tackles by wrexham in that game imo that in any other context, other than the them being a non league team in a cup tie against a suposedly superiour league team, their players would have been sent off - seems not only our fans thought is was ok to patronize them but so did the ref....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Wrexham performed fantastically well over 210 minutes of football against us, a well regarded Championship team with £1m+ players. Yes they displayed the guts and commitment you'd expect from a team playing in 'their Cup Final' but they brought so much more to the tie too.

To the naysayers on this thread - do one please. Start a "I don't get this thing with Wrexham" thread if you really must.

Allow those who are able to proceed through their football supporting lives giving credit where it is due, to praise Wrexham, thank them for their contribution to BHA's FA Cup excitement this year, and wish them the best for their future.

2 weeks ago I couldn't have told you where Wrexham were in the Conference - now I'll be looking out each and every week and willing them back into the Football League.

Well done Wrexham, and the very, very best of luck.

two weeks ago you couldnt tell where Wrexham were in the conference says it all - move on.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
there were at least two straight red card tackles by wrexham in that game imo that in any other context, other than the them being a non league team in a cup tie against a suposedly superiour league team, their players would have been sent off - seems not only our fans thought is was ok to patronize them but so did the ref....

Has mum given you fizzy drink before bed?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham

This. And Wrexham weren't dirty they were physical like football at that level is. I think part of the reason we were so poor was our inability to deal with the physical side of their game.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Unsure if I am the first Brighton fan back from the game... but just need to say: the atmosphere was immense, the Wrexham fans full of good humour and friendship and their team was by far the best on the night.
We struggled against them for at least 100 minutes of the 120!
My wee lad (who is 10 and a Wrexham fan) has gone to bed gutted as I imagine have thousands of other Wrexham supporters.
If justice had been done Wrexham would have cashed in £300,000 from the next round of the cup, which could well be the difference between long term success or failure for them.
Well done Wrexham

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Whilst we were incredibly poor tonight, Wrexham were fantastic. They looked like a sure League One outfit - their passing was sublime and their players were much faster than ours. Incredibly happy that we're through to play Newcastle, but Wrexham should be proud, and hope to see them as a solid Football League team for many years to come. Get yerselfs promoted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here