Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you want u-turn on hunting ban?

Free vote on a repeal of the hunting ban?

• Yes, let them vote

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • No, let's keep it how it is

Votes: 68 68.7%

• Total voters

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
But they don't kill for fun?

Now they put possion down and the foxes, rather than just the older one's being ripped to shreads - a pretty instant death, now any old fox (or any other animal) now suffer days of pain whilst the poision kills them.

Why do you think the person who lead for the banning of fox hunting now wants it overturned.

1) More foxes are dying.
2)They die a much more horrible death.
3) There is a danger now that the healthy foxes are not repoducing beacsuse they are now dead from the poison.
4)Any animal can eat posion.
5)Hundreds of dogs and horses are being shot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Now they put possion down and the foxes, rather than just the older one's being ripped to shreads - a pretty instant death, now any old fox (or any other animal) now suffer days of pain whilst the poision kills them.

Why do you think the person who lead for the banning of fox hunting now wants it overturned.

1) More foxes are dying.
3) There is a danger now that the healthy foxes are not repoducing beacsuse they are now dead from the poison.

blah blah blah blah blah.....

Yes. They do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can go riding in the country without killing anything.

It's not nearly so much fun though. It's not the same without watching an animal torn apart then smearing its blood over your kids' faces.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To suggest they don't enjoy it (clue: they call it a SPORT) is ridiculous.

They hardly go out like dead eyed, cold hearted killers, silently mourning every time they take a fox down, do they?

Don't kid yourself, they LOVE it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well done for your honesty, but this is the crux of the issue, isn't it? Most hunting opponents will deny it, but what they hate more than anything else is their perception that hunting is a predominently upper class activity. But should this sort of vindictiveness be the basis for any legislation?

Before anyone flames me, I'm not a fan of hunting.

No, the basis for legislation should be to ban cruelty. We ban dog fighting, badger baiting etc, but these were banned quite easily because they were working class activities. Fox Hunting should have been banned a long time ago but it was the fox hunting fraternity that made it into a class issue as that was always their best way of fighting any ban.

I know people that went fox hunting and none of them were what you would call toffs but that is totally irrelevant as the ban is against cruelty.

And just for the record, whilst I live in a town, my wife has always owned horses and is against hunting, as are the owners of the yard where she now keeps her horse.

Perhaps the Tories should consider repealling all laws relating to cruelty to animals just so they can appear unbiased. Perhaps there should be no restriction on owning guns so we can hunt for our food again.

I don't personally care for hunting, but I don't have a problem with other people doing it if they want to.

So, you support animal cruelty. Marvellous.

I would definitely vote for the stupid law to be repealed.

However, it may be too late as a number of the main hunt stables and packs have already been lost, with horses and hounds put down, and people made redundant.

Stupid law made by stupid left-wing city dwellers who do not know what the f*** they are talking about.

And what are you then? Country yokel who is surprisingly so wise!!!! It doesn't matter whether you live in a town or some countryside dwelling to know cruelty when you see. I don't live in Spain but consider Bull Fighting to be cruel.

1) More foxes are dying.

So, where do you get your evidence from. Was it just old foxes that got hunted? Are you going to spout out the old tripe that that only reason people hunted foxes was because of their community spirit and the need to cull them. It's utter bullshit. People hunted foxes because they enjoyed the thrill of the chase of a live animal, not because they felt they were doing the local farming community a big favour.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The Penshurst Hunt is very close to us and I know people who hunt and the Hunt Master (or whatever his title is) and none of them are toffs. He is a farmer and most of the people work on the land or in country based jobs. They are all riders and their common interest is riding horses in the countryside. I'm sure their are toffs but our local hunt is definitely not a toffs sport.

So would some guy from a council estate be able to just turn up on a sunday morning and join in?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Since the law is unenforced I propose a new law making it legal to hunt hunters. Not for fun you understand, as a moral obligation.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No, the basis for legislation should be to ban cruelty. We ban dog fighting, badger baiting etc, but these were banned quite easily because they were working class activities. Fox Hunting should have been banned a long time ago but it was the fox hunting fraternity that made it into a class issue as that was always their best way of fighting any ban.

I know people that went fox hunting and none of them were what you would call toffs but that is totally irrelevant as the ban is against cruelty.

And just for the record, whilst I live in a town, my wife has always owned horses and is against hunting, as are the owners of the yard where she now keeps her horse.

Perhaps the Tories should consider repealling all laws relating to cruelty to animals just so they can appear unbiased. Perhaps there should be no restriction on owning guns so we can hunt for our food again.

So, you support animal cruelty. Marvellous.

And what are you then? Country yokel who is surprisingly so wise!!!! It doesn't matter whether you live in a town or some countryside dwelling to know cruelty when you see. I don't live in Spain but consider Bull Fighting to be cruel.

So, where do you get your evidence from. Was it just old foxes that got hunted? Are you going to spout out the old tripe that that only reason people hunted foxes was because of their community spirit and the need to cull them. It's utter bullshit. People hunted foxes because they enjoyed the thrill of the chase of a live animal, not because they felt they were doing the local farming community a big favour.

Absolutely spot on. I dont know how anyone can argue against any of that.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

1) More foxes are dying.

Why are hundreds of dogs and horses being shot?

Why's people putting poison down irresponsibly a reason for pro-hunting, rather than banning the use of poison and other dangerous activities?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yes absolutely. we still hunt and while the dos and don'ts are slightly different than they were pre-ban the hunting act is the biggest farce of recent parliamentary time. 700 hours?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
yes absolutely. we still hunt and while the dos and don'ts are slightly different than they were pre-ban the hunting act is the biggest farce of recent parliamentary time. 700 hours?

You kill animals as a hobby? Well done..:shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Starry - genuine question:

Do you kill animals as a hobby?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Starry - genuine question:

Do you kill animals as a hobby?

yep.

and no.

i keep a little small holding (32 lambs lost this year from apprx 120 born so far to foxes or the yeti if you believe the lacs, and we have hens as well that they like to chow down on, it's nature i know, but i like my lamb dead on my table and my chicken roasted and not chewed apart, uneaten across my yard) and if i can flush foxes off of our land - either with a bird, horses or terriers etc. then i will. i would always shoot the thing at point blank range first but it doesn't always work out that way.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
yes, sometimes by shooting them from a trap that they could well have been stuck in for twelve days in agony before someone gets to them.

That's the sort of excuse I thought you would use, the thing is you go out deliberately to kill animals so its irrelevant whether it was walking into a trap or not...:lolol:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
banning hunting was a poorly thought through vote winner to please the myopic viewpoint of city folk who understand nothing about rural issues yet feel thay they should be able to exert an influence over them. It should be reversed with immediate effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here