Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you travel away if Brighton ever got in Europe

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Dave the Gaffer said:
This weekend, London Irish are playing in Toulouse and we are looking at prices. The club do a "deal" including match ticket, but I have just spoken to Toulouse TO and they are selling on the day. Flight to Marsailles and car to the ground. ( hotel Satdi night possibly)

We will spend about £300 ish

Woudl you spend that on a trip to see Brighton play?

Yeah, def. But would try and do it a bit cheaper if poss.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd go camping abroad, if i could, with two bottles of whisky and a teddybear called Bready with a stomach full of smack. The day before the game, i am tented on the deep, snaily field that the Albion should train on. I, asnooze in my silken azure cabin, am lifted 23 feet to a safer sector by two backward-handed locals called Wilbur and Draxon, and wake as i'm dropped to the ploppy turf. I crack bottle two open and pull down the zip of my tent and trousers to watch the Albion in one of their practices. What a morning that would be.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I would definately go abroad to watch the Albion. It would be slightly odd though as I will be seeing the people I see week-in - week out doing the same thing I do when I follow England.

I would not want too much of the Albion in Europe though as doing that and following England will amount to just too extreme and I would rather do the England games abroad.

Albion & Englanf forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We'd definiately do it - although we wouldn't fly as I'm trying to be a bit of a green traveller, we'd probably put our camper on the train and make a long weekend/week of it! Although depends where it would be though...

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Abso-flippin-lutely.

Although of course, the price of Easyjettery etc goes up massively as soon as cup draws are made. I think it would be more fun to take time off and go by train or whatever.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As we would still be @ Withdean.
You would have to feel sorry for their away fans, as they would probably be nearer the pitch, if they stayed @ home.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you know you're the sort of club that may never get the chance again, I think you have to go. Sod the cost, you can find a way/work a bit harder to pay it off, and you'll always have the memory.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Without question.Surely for everyone it's the be-all and end-all of this club?

Of course and if Smith had scored in 83 we would have gone into UEFA, boy that would have been an experience!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
London Calling said:
Of course and if Smith had scored in 83 we would have gone into UEFA, boy that would have been an experience!

Who were Utd drawn against in the first round out of interest? (if they didn't qualify for the European Cup)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
London Calling said:

I'm happy to be wrong on this, but weren't we beginning the European ban, @ that time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here