Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you travel away if Brighton ever got in Europe

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Stat Brother said:
I'm happy to be wrong on this, but weren't we beginning the European ban, @ that time.

think you are wrong, the ban didn't come into place until the Heysel incident i believe , '85 (year i was born)

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, but knowing our luck we would probably draw someone like Newi Cefn Druids and have the game switched to Wrexham, well Wales is abroad...isn't it?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Basil Fawlty said:
f*** off you ****, just signed off from the job centre. I aint a mug for nobody.

CHILL KEVIN! , the man asked a question

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Basil Fawlty said:
No I aint, because I aint working for 50P per hour for thirty hours a week.

Can you answer phones, be rude and agressive to customers and randomly bash a keyboard to make half-sensical English? If so, a career in BT Frontline Tech Support awaits you, on €9.50 an hour :D

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kev, do you have to call someone a C**t in every other post?:nono:

I would go, assuming I had £300 available.

Definitely.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Brixtaan said:
Who were Utd drawn against in the first round out of interest? (if they didn't qualify for the European Cup)

In the 1st round of the Cup Winners' Cup United got...Dukla Prague. That's right, you could have got that elusive away kit for Christmas.

Then it was Spartak Varna, and then (more memorably) Barcelona in the 1/4s (2-0 down away, won 3-0 at home) and Juventus in the semis, which they lost 3-2 on agg.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Tooting Gull said:
In the 1st round of the Cup Winners' Cup United got...Dukla Prague. That's right, you could have got that elusive away kit for Christmas.

Then it was Spartak Varna, and then (more memorably) Barcelona in the 1/4s (2-0 down away, won 3-0 at home) and Juventus in the semis, which they lost 3-2 on agg.

I'd like to dream of a wonderful couple of days soaking in the atmosphere of beautiful Prague,sampling the bars,restaurants and other "delights" on our first away trip.

In reality i was 13 and would probably have felt uncomfortable being chased and beaten up by Eastern European police/hooligans for 48 hrs.Still, we would have beaten them and probably Varna in the form we were in.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Ah that 1983 campaign, all of Aberdeen was buzzing as it looked so likely that we would play Man Utd in the Final after drawing Porto in the semis at a time when Porto were a virtual unknowns in European football and we were the holders.

Same old Portuguese, the cheating scumbags bribed the ref (even tho they didnt need to bother as we were crap both legs)

That 1983 cup final was even more special for me and the old man because we thought that Brighton would get into the ECWC that season as we had just come back from seeing Aberdeen win it, the pospect of an AFC V Albion tie was a real possibility, sadly it just didnt come about.

Great memories tho when you think of the situation both clubs are in today.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Brixtaan said:
In reality i was 13 and would probably have felt uncomfortable being chased and beaten up by Eastern European police/hooligans for 48 hrs.Still, we would have beaten them and probably Varna in the form we were in.

It wasnt actually that bad in those days in Eastern Europe hooligan wise, I went to see Aberdeen play Dynamo Dresden and Dynamo Berlin before the Berlin wall came down and away fans were just herded into a stadium that you would only cause trouble in if you wanted to be mauled to death by a pack of Alsations.

I was about 16 at the time and it was my first European away tie without being with adults (f*** only knows how I managed to wangle that one) will never forget the atmosphere in East Germany, they had to play marching music to get the crowd even remotely interested and by all accounts if you didnt turn up for a game that was being shown on British TV then you would find yourself not getting any food that week (They wanted it to look good) in fact it was an early taste of what was to be in store at Withdean in later life, no atmosphere, no singing (allowed) stewards outnumbering the fans with the rain pissing down on you on a roofless, soulless stadium with a running track round it.

:jester:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Most definately ..wopuld love to have a few european stamps in my Albion pasport

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
This weekend, London Irish are playing in Toulouse and we are looking at prices. The club do a "deal" including match ticket, but I have just spoken to Toulouse TO and they are selling on the day. Flight to Marsailles and car to the ground. ( hotel Satdi night possibly)

We will spend about £300 ish

Woudl you spend that on a trip to see Brighton play?

Yes, but it will be a lot more by the time we ever play European football! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here