Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take Terry to the Euros?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We need to play all the new and fringe players in the upcoming friendlies. No point playing the likes of Bent, Crouch and Defoe as they simply aren't good enough. Give Sturridge a go, maybe Wellbeck. Add to that Johnson needs a full game on the wing as does Chamberlin. Have a look at Rodwell too. All we ever do is take the same players or someone who is too young and wont play.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, if Fabio does give these players a chance in the upcoming friendly matches, the press will rip him apart for playing a weakened team. I have never understood why the press, and large elements of the public, think results are more important that looking at new players and partnerships when it comes to friendly matches.

Other than John Terry being the best centre half of the last decade then i dont know.. still the best england has which is worrying considering he is meant to be 'so slow', imagine if the guy was fast how good he'd be! Terry is a defo for euros, along with 'fat frank', danny sturridge and ash the bash.

p.s anti chelsea much! ;)

Sorry but Ferdinand in his pomp was, IMHO, much better than Terry ever was.

It'll surely all be moot if Terry is found guilty in the court case, surely, as I can't believe Fabio would be allowed to take him then.

I genuinely wouldn't take Lampard, no way. There are players playing about as well that are much better forward-looking options.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
lol are you for real? be serious, next thing you'll be saying is Liam Birdcutt is england material probably..

Other than John Terry being the best centre half of the last decade then i dont know.. still the best england has which is worrying considering he is meant to be 'so slow', imagine if the guy was fast how good he'd be! Terry is a defo for euros, along with 'fat frank', danny sturridge and ash the bash.

p.s anti chelsea much! ;)
Oh dear, you're clearly a chelsea fan (in which case I'm sure there's a forum for you). In most peoples' opinion I think you would, in the last decade put terry well behind Ferdinand at his peak, Campbell and frankly King and Woodgate, when fit (as did England managers at the time). At his best he was strong, committed and pretty good (as long as the opposition weren't too classy, in which case unless Ferdinand or Carvalho tidied up around him he looked pondorous and clumsy), now he's not - and that's not taking into account the shit that consistantly follows him around ??? :albion2:

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, if Fabio does give these players a chance in the upcoming friendly matches, the press will rip him apart for playing a weakened team. I have never understood why the press, and large elements of the public, think results are more important that looking at new players and partnerships when it comes to friendly matches.

Yet they wank over Germany playing a young team and question our policy!!! Got to love the media

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Jones has been hyped up far too much since joining United. Having played about 50 different positions for them this season, it has now become apparent that no one knows where his best position is. He had some shockers at centre back over Christmas as well... Sturridge and Welbeck should both go IMO, on the basis that they are playing and performing pretty consistently for 2 of the country's best teams. Terry and Ferdinand shouldn't go but both will. Cahill was playing for a team who had been dreadful but should still go, Smalling has lost it a bit recently but again will probably go. Imagine if they had the balls to make Lescott and Cahill/Jagielka the first-choice CB pairing. Can't see why people are choosing Ashley Young - when was the last time he did anything for Man U? Massive outside bet and again won't happen due to the jobs for the boys nature of the England team nowadays, but Scott Sinclair and Nathan Dyer should definitely be given a chance. John Ruddy in goal is a good shout too.

keithbeaky

Dec 26, 2011
Balls to make Lescott and Cahill/Jag?? You dont need balls, just to completly lose it. Lescott is pony

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
NO, really dont rate him now. and I dont think he has the respect from other players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here