Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take defeat to Derby?

Would you take defeat to get rid of SH?

• No - I don't want Sami to go even if we do lose.

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • No - But I want Sami out.

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • Yes - If that's what it takes.

Votes: 58 42.0%

• Total voters

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I don't want us to lose any game - of course not.

However, I (and other fans) have been put in this horrible antithesis that we now face. IF we were to lose and Hyypia was to get sacked, it would soften the blow the greatly. I feel horrible having said that, but its a sign of how bad things have (will) become if Hyypia is allowed to continue.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
My view will not be popular & I have been watching BHA since the late 70s, most of it as a season ticket holder.

We are not going to contend for the top 6 places this season, so if it takes another defeat to shift Hyypia then so be it. Indeed, if were/are to lose, I would rather it be a hammering 4 or 5-0 at least. Then the manager would be sacked. If we lose by the odd goal can't see the Board shifting him yet.

Never, want my team to lose ........ but have written off this season. 4th from bottom come May will do me.

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Last night I dreamt that we'd win 5-0 away at Derby. And I didn't even realise we were playing Derby this weekend.

5-0 to the Albion, you heard it here first.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Knowing sod's law, we'll somehow win on Saturday papering over those huge cracks. Usual crapness will then follow and Sami won't be sacked until after the transfer window closes.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We've tended to play better against the better teams, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if somehow won at Derby. Follow that with a win against Millwall and things start to look a little brighter. Odds are against it, I know and time is short but this can still get turned around with Sami at the helm. We're not as bad as some on here make out (but we're certainly not as good as we should be). :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Knowing sod's law, we'll somehow win on Saturday papering over those huge cracks. Usual crapness will then follow and Sami won't be sacked until after the transfer window closes.

Followed by loads of the lickers on here (most of whom won't have been at the game) scampering back to the Semi IN camp :facepalm:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I never want us to lose BUT I am veering towards the "if it means we bin the Finn" then we may have to take the loss(es) on the chin until the board finally wake up.

By then I just hope its not too little too late.

Its December folks and I have seen NOTHING (apart from THREE wins) to suggest that the situation will change.

Bin the Finn. Unless the board want to state their ambition is in fact League One Club League One Ambition in which case we are doing rather well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Followed by loads of the lickers on here (most of whom won't have been at the game) scampering back to the Semi IN camp :facepalm:

Indeed. It was almost prophetic of NSCs finest The Complete Badger who said after the Wigan game "thats three poins today but 27 dropped over the next 9 games"

So far he is (almost) right.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If it was to make a difference then in the long run it would be worth it, but can't see him getting the boot even with a heavy defeat

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For the sake of stability I have voted for SH to stay as I believe the best answer is for him and the recruitment team to sort out our problems to our long term benefit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easier said than done when him and the recruitment team ARE the problems.

If it is obvious to 24000 supporters ,note I only said 24000 because some, especially on here could see no wrong in anything the club do, can determine the problem and provide an answer surely those who get paid to do it can also see it.

Last edited:

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
I can't envision any (plausible) situation where I would actively want us to lose a match.

When Mick Ferguson put us ahead at the Den and we were on course to end Millwall's and the leagues longest unbetaen home record, I wouldn't have been too devastated if they'd have come back and nicked it. That said, we were up for a battering whatever the result, so might has well have the win if you're going to get chased around South East London irrespective of the result.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry, I'm a YES, if that's what it takes!

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Tough one. On the one hand I never want to see Albion lose but if a loss guaranteed the exit of a manager that clearly isn't working for us I guess I'd take the hit now. Anything other than a loss would just paper over the cracks and we need to think about the big picture. A loss on Saturday, although far from ideal, wouldn't leave us stranded with no hope of survival and just may force Bloom's hand.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Suspect, unless total humilation, that it won't change a thing as Derby away is a fixture we are expected to lose. Millwall may be far more significant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here