Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take defeat to Derby?

Would you take defeat to get rid of SH?

• No - I don't want Sami to go even if we do lose.

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • No - But I want Sami out.

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • Yes - If that's what it takes.

Votes: 58 42.0%

• Total voters

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I suspect that Sami would be safe, even after a defeat at Derby, unless it is a real battering. However we seem to play ok away from home and might just take a point.

However IMO the Millwall game is critical for Sami's future. It is hard to see him being around much longer after that, if we fail to get 3 points against them. The balance could be tipped by the clubs around us doing well. If a gap opens after the next two games then I think it would be taxi time.

I fear we will miss KLL as he offers most of our flair and unpredictability.

I'm wary of Sami going as I fear who might be appointed next. While I'm hopeful of a dramatic turnaround, there aren't any guarantees that a new manager would come in and automatically fire us up the table. This squad would need a huge lift in confidence plus maybe a fresh face or two in the transfer window. Some very important decisions are racing over the horizon towards Tony Bloom.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Suppose we lose, Sami goes and we get relegated by a point when a draw would have kept us up?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Suppose we lose, Sami goes and we get relegated by a point when a draw would have kept us up?

That wouldn't be the point that relegated us; I would nominate the three we didn't get against Reading at home. Or it could be because of the six points we dropped in the first two games when we weren't ready for the season to start and everyone else was.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I would rather we win actually but cannot see it with the current tactics and lack of motivation coming from the manager hence he still needs to go !!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Losing on Saturday, may well mean we need to win two on the bounce, just to get out of the bottom three. Going on the fact we have only won three all season, I would suggest the sooner Hyypia is gone the better. If that means losing on Saturday, so be it, it's a given anyway. Then can we have the new man in Sunday morning please???....Interesting that Darren Bent said Roy Keane was the best man he had ever worked with and we have three Villa players on loan....Keane watching in the stands on Saturday???

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Losing on Saturday, may well mean we need to win two on the bounce, just to get out of the bottom three. Going on the fact we have only won three all season, I would suggest the sooner Hyypia is gone the better. If that means losing on Saturday, so be it, it's a given anyway. Then can we have the new man in Sunday morning please???....Interesting that Darren Bent said Roy Keane was the best man he had ever worked with and we have three Villa players on loan....Keane watching in the stands on Saturday???

Don't want Keane here the man is a car crash waiting to happen

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That wouldn't be the point that relegated us; I would nominate the three we didn't get against Reading at home. Or it could be because of the six points we dropped in the first two games when we weren't ready for the season to start and everyone else was.

We've lost to Reading this season ? Are you a Time Traveller?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'd rather we won than him get sacked, then draw yet again at home then he resigns. Best for both parties, he's too inexperienced for this situation we're in. Poyet managed to turn it around, however, Hyypia never did well under these circumstances. We're better off having him walk and someone much more pragmatic come in, get us to play football that'll keep us up for this year then build upon a style for next season.

I wonder how long Pearson has at Leicester, and if he goes, if we'd consider him. Leicester may resort to Pulis to keep them up.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I just hate hate hate hate it when Brighton lose to any team but mellow a few days after if Brighton went down fighting, so its a no from me. If we wished Brighton to lose Saturday just because Sammi might get the sack or resign what would you think if at the end of the season we got relegated by a mere 2 points.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Would never go to a match wanting us to lose whatever the reason , fk that for a lark , the worlds gone mad , mad i tell you .

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Genuine question - was Roy Keane at the Amex on Saturday, watching the match? As I say, just asking for clarification, not making a point.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As we are now 3 down, can I change my answer to yes on the condition that Sami is fired on the 90th minute. Assuming we don't hit 4 without reply.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Anyone who wants Brighton to lose - in any circumstances - is not a proper fan . End of . They re nervous upstairs but they are not going to react to all this nonsense so I don't know why you bother . personally I think Sami needs a better assistant to help him trough this difficult period . Clearly Brighton need some more loyal fans as well .. ....

Even though I am bored of Sami...
Never want Brighton to lose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here