Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a point against Palace now?

Would you take a point against Palace now?

• Yep - happy with a point

Votes: 63 24.1%
  • Nope - shit or bust for me

Votes: 198 75.9%

• Total voters

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
All out for it Lamptey and all...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Normally would take the point, think you should have added go 1 up and eventually draw, I'd take that just to hear us sing WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

How sweet would that be.

I wouldn't care if locked in Selhurst for an hour after. Belting that out whilst those mugs troop out would be sweeeeet

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe more than 20% have said they'd take a point.

Topping the top flight is something else Crystal Palace have done that we've never managed, so we have to match this achievement. Apparently, the one time in their history they did this was in September 1979 after beating Ipswich 4-1 - that was after 8 matches.

I don't know about this season, but last season we were the only Prem club who had never topped the table at some stage in the club's history. I imagine both Norwich and Watford have been top, but probably not Brentford.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
A draw is as good as a loss for me tonight. This isn't about "a point closer to safety" or whaetever else you want to say. We have a chance to go TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE. I don't care if it's only after 6 games, it would be an amazing achievement and we have to do everything we can to get it. Even if that risks us losing IMO.

All in.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
This feels like a cup final, a once in a lifetime opportunity to be TOP OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE. It may never happen, but tonight we have a chance to be the top dog! It’s all or nothing for me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Draw away, beat them at home. I’d be happy with that.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
There's some sort of Latin phrase for seize the day that covers it ..

" Maupay Do'em "

I thank you. :wink:

All cards on the table for me. Give it absolutely everything and I don't care if we lose trying.

I'll be printing out the PL table, framing it, and having it on the office wall if we win. I'll also be acutely jealous of our away fans getting to sing the "we're top of the league" song. :glare:

Last edited:

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
I don't even think there is an option here lose or draw and we stay at 6th, win and we create club history. It just may make the "its only Brighton brigade" sit up and give our club a bit of respect.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
3 points or nothing.

Topping the Prem would feel like the end of a very long journey, for me.

My earliest memory of supporting Brighton was as a child, with an oversized foam finger, watching the 1983 FA Cup Final and Gordon Smith missing a sitter.

Even though we had already been relegated, it felt like we were competing at the highest level.

Then what followed was a, well, 30 odd years of pain.

Imagine going top, if only for a week.

Never thought I would see it in my lifetime. Then again, maybe I never will.

I have my all my fingers and toes crossed. :lol: :ascarf:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
On this occasion, no.

Worst-case scenario is we lose and are SIXTH in the league. With that as worst-case, I'm all in for the win.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
No, and never Bozza.

T minus 4.75 hours.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Duffy to score with a bullet header, nutting Zaha in the process, in the 95th minute.

Brighton go top of the Premier League.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've put £20 on Brighton to win with both teams scoring @ 5/1.

So if it's 1-1 with 15 minutes to go, let's make our dreams come true! This could be our best night in history! :albion:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I want us to score first, so we can sing 'top of the league', even if only for a few minutes, at that dump.
Wouldn't take a draw now - after such a good start it's go for the win and make a great start into a fantastic start.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A point gets us nothing. We stay above them as we will if we lose. It just means it's another game without beating them. But a win...a win would be magnificent! You cannot turn down the opportunity to go top of the league by beating palace at selhurst. That positive far outweighs the negative of losing.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
So a sliding header, face down on the turf. That's the most likely way you're going to nut Zaha. :lolol:

Yep, here he is in his usual position-

pCk3ha8DdjS.jpg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Normally I would say yes but not today. This is our chance for a moment the club has never experienced before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here