Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a point against Palace now?

Would you take a point against Palace now?

• Yep - happy with a point

Votes: 63 24.1%
  • Nope - shit or bust for me

Votes: 198 75.9%

• Total voters

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Normally I'd settle for a point in advance at their place - but tonight's a tad different. Lose or draw we still stay sixth, so not much to be gained from a draw, but if we could just get this win ..... ....... .....

.... plus a win against Arsenal next, of course!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No way.

We have 70% chance of at least a draw.

30% chance of losing but 40% chance of winning and going top of the league.

Risk to win.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
No.
Win and we're top.
Not because B comes before C or L or M in the alphabet.
Not because we had a couple of easy first games.
But because only we have beaten Brentford.
100% play to win.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
thats-what-i-think-of-taking-a-point-at-palace.jpg

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
If we play like we did against Brentford second half or even as good as we did against Watford, Leicester first half we'll win.

If we pay to win, we'll win. If we play to go top of the league, or win on a Monday for the first time bla bla bla we won't.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’m normally a very cautious, risk averse sort of chap when I’ve got my football hat on. As a rule of thumb, any point away from home is a half decent return in the Premier League. The black cloud that will descend should that lot mug us again would be sizeable and last a few days too,

HELL, NO!!! Not this time. The reward for a potential three points is just too great. Top of the league, ten points clear of them and leaving them scrabbling around the lower reaches of the table.

No deal.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Would you take a point now to avoid the heartache that potential defeat brings, or are you happy to take that risk in pursuit of a glorious three points?

Absolutely NOT.
It's our time, sick of cowering down and taking a point to be ' on the safe side ' I'm used to disappointment when playing 'them' already chose 1-1 in the score predictor thingy but do this as it has been a lucky charm for me in the seven games we have played so far (except Everton) so not changing anything or prepared to risk changing anything.
I'm more than confident in our superb team and brilliant coaching setup to expect a resounding victory tonight.

......damnit Bozza look what you have made me write with your smart words and poll choices. We're gonna get beat now ! Damnit I fall for it every time.:flounce:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No, go for it knowing that we have a sufficiently good start that a defeat isn't particularly bad (other than that it's against Palace) and we potentially have everything to gain in terms of bragging rights for a long, long time with victory

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We have changed our MO this year - we don't do draws any more ....
Win / lose is our new way [statistically generates more points - the table doesn't lie]

Give that most of our games have been very tight, I think we can say this is a statistical anomaly. We'll draw our fair share this year.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Normally would take the point, think you should have added go 1 up and eventually draw, I'd take that just to hear us sing WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No. Win and we’re top of the league. Lose and we’re still sixth and 4 points above them. It’s a free hit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here