Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you play Lewis Dunk tonight???

Chanty

Sep 1, 2011
Would you play Lewis Dunk tonight, knowing that if he picks up a yellow card, he would miss the Leeds game on Friday???

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Nope. The question is who can we play in his place given:

Vincelot might be needed at full back
El abd and elf are out
A big ask for cook
Caroll is a beast

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the starting line up tonight.

How far away are El Abd and Elphick from returning?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not really familiar with Cook but it wouldn't surprise me if he were in ... on the other hand I think Gus might play a strong team given that I'm sure everyone will be desperate to play on this stage ... becomes a heart vs head decision and demonstrates just how difficult selection is under these circumstances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is a virtual certainty that he will pick up another yellow very soon so I would play him and get it out of the way also I think that Becchio offers less of a threat than Murray for his stand in to deal with. The chances of him going the 3 home games and not getting booked are not very good.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I'm not really familiar with Cook but it wouldn't surprise me if he were in ... on the other hand I think Gus might play a strong team given that I'm sure everyone will be desperate to play on this stage ... becomes a heart vs head decision and demonstrates just how difficult selection is under these circumstances.

Not just heart vs head but a combination of both- imagine he leaves Noone out (purely an example)? I don't doubt he's a professional, but psychologically the disappointment would likely affect him. V v tough decisions to be made

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not just heart vs head but a combination of both- imagine he leaves Noone out (purely an example)? I don't doubt he's a professional, but psychologically the disappointment would likely affect him. V v tough decisions to be made
I don't think it would be right to let Noone miss the game completely. While Gus has to do what's right for getting points, he also has to keep players like Noone happy, and he would be very upset if he missed tonight all together.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I would play Dunk tonight yes, and if he hasn't been booked by the 89th minute I would tell him to run up to the ref and take his shirt off or smash the ball as high into the West Stand as possible

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Pro - fantastic learning experience, gives us a better chance to win.
Con - possibility of a booking, potential blow to confidence, will put him even more firmly in the shop window.

But I still think he should play.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Dunk will play, however id much rather see Grant Hall than Steve Cook, Grant Hall is a really good defender and better than Cook IMO.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Play him. If he gets a yellow then he can serve suspension against Leeds and Vincelot can fill in. No worries :)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Could someone please remind me who were the two CBs in the SSCF, cos I thought they were both excellent (albeit against a lower standard opposition)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Steve Cook to start with Grant Hall on the bench :wink:

Also expect to see Sampayo, Barker and Forster-Caskey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here