Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you join Palace if...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I would take great pleasure in taking a million from the bank of Palace..

And then going to spend a large chunk of it in the Seagulls Shop on my kids :thumbsup:

Anyway - anyone stupid enough to pay me £1m for my rather dubious football skills gets everything they deserve !

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Got to take it, but agree with BHAFC beforehand that you will get sacked and be able to come back on a free at the end of the season.

This paves the way for you to make sure they get relegated by scoring as many own goals as you can muster.

Loving the idea of wearing a BHAFC shirt underneath, making sure to swap shirts with the opposition after the last match.

Then it's just a case of going back to Brighton, and waiting for the league match between the two sides in a couple of years. :D

:albion2: :ffsparr: :albion2:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
This.

I'm also old enough and mature enough to understand that I don't "hate" Palace - they're rivals but the word hate is far from appropriate when it comes to football. In fact it's rather pathetic and normally only used by immature school kids who don't yet know any better.

Just about sums it up for me as well.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
No. Just because I know the second I scored I would have to take the P*lace shirt off, and underneath would be something BHAFC related.

I'd then rub it in right in front of their ultras. Kiss the badge? :shrug: I'd be more likely to spit on it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would LOVE to play professional football for Crystal Palace in the Premier League on £25K a week. Absolutely love to. And anyone who says they wouldn't is very strange.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Nope,

I'd just tear league 2 up, then 1, then the championship and then the premiership. By then ill be on £100k a week, regarded as one of the best strikers ever, and we'll be a top 2 team. Simple.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm 19 and on 2 grand a week. I'm sorry but i'm coked out of my head for a few months already, in a rehab clinic for a few months after that and then back in the blue and white stripes, rebuilding my name and reputation, still on a ludicrous wage compared to what most normal adults earn. Then i'll look to tear up a division, get the Albion promoted and see where i get to then. Oh, and i have my own mini-zoo with a sloth, a koala and an armadillo as my first "guests".

D

Deleted member 18477

Yes I'd move. Money is one of the most important things unfortunetly! And like others have said about mortgage/kids etc. after 1 year at palace you might break your leg and never play again... Least you'd then live pretty much without a mortgage in a nice house. Easy life!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
YOU are currently a player for Brighton, you're 19 years old and you're a Sussex born & bred kid, supported Brighton all your life. Brighton are currently in league 2 mid table and you're currently earning 2k a week.
What? 19, league 2, on £2k - bit much.
The next day is when you train you head there, but as soon as you arrive you get called into the managers office and they tell you they've accepted a bid from Crystal Palace (You f***ing hate them) they are currently Prem (bottom table).
You get told that you would be offered 25k wages !

Would you take this?
I'd tell them I'm not keen on joining our rivals, and I don't think the fans would like it either. Could they leak the bid to the press and see if any other teams are interested.

And if you wouldn't take it, that surely is too much money to not take?
If no other teams in the world were interested (a bit unlikely) and Brighton weren't fussed about me staying, I'd take it.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
Wait, I'm not fully understanding this, just need to establish something... Do we 'f***ing hate them'?
In all seriousness, I would be perfectly content playing for any lower league club professionally. Let's face it, in whatever position you currently have, playing for a professional football team for a living would be a dream, especially if it's for the team you've supported all your life. I would honestly turn down the offer, that's not to say I wouldn't play for the majority of other teams in the league and indeed around the world... Then again, maybe I've overestimated my playing ability...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I wouldnt leave, yeah its a lot of money - but the fans of the club would love you if you told them to fcuk off. And chances are if your on 2k a week and they want to pay 25k a week and you reject Palace, it might make Brighton want to get you to sign a new contract.

That and if your 19 and a talented player, im sure other clubs would be looking at you as well.

In other words - not a chance

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would LOVE to play professional football for Crystal Palace in the Premier League on £25K a week. Absolutely love to. And anyone who says they wouldn't is very strange.
Well that depends what the alternative is. If the alternative is wasting time on NSC while scratching your balls, fair enough. But if the alternative is playing for a decent club in the premiership (and that's the more likely alternative of the two) then I'd go for the latter.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wait, I'm not fully understanding this, just need to establish something... Do we 'f***ing hate them'?
In all seriousness, I would be perfectly content playing for any lower league club professionally. Let's face it, in whatever position you currently have, playing for a professional football team for a living would be a dream, especially if it's for the team you've supported all your life. I would honestly turn down the offer, that's not to say I wouldn't play for the majority of other teams in the league and indeed around the world... Then again, maybe I've overestimated my playing ability...

"Hi darling, interesting day at work today, Crystal Palace have offered me 12 times my current salary to play for them. I'm thinking of turning it down as I'm told they are our rivals."

"Pardon?"

YOU are currently a player for Brighton, you're 19 years old and you're a Sussex born & bred kid, supported Brighton all your life. Brighton are currently in league 2 mid table and you're currently earning 2k a week.
The next day is when you train you head there, but as soon as you arrive you get called into the managers office and they tell you they've accepted a bid from Crystal Palace (You f***ing hate them) they are currently Prem (bottom table).
You get told that you would be offered 25k wages !

Would you take this?
Remember you f***ing hate them !
If you would take it... would you be motivated to play?
And if you wouldn't take it, that surely is too much money to not take?

I am tempted for all kind of reasons. Do I have to live there ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Well that depends what the alternative is. If the alternative is wasting time on NSC while scratching your balls, fair enough. But if the alternative is playing for a decent club in the premiership (and that's the more likely alternative of the two) then I'd go for the latter.

Yes of course. Obviously I'd rather play for Brighton, and I'd rather play for Barcelona.

But can you imagine trying to explain to your missus that you were going to turn down 25 grand a week and financial stability for the rest of your life because of a few punch ups that happened 10 years before you were born?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Odd I was pondering this (Well same situation different details) the other day, I came to two ideas no, be a hero here even earning £2k a week is a decent wage for a 19 year old and if I'm good enough others would want me.

or Yes, but swiftly get a Brighton badge tat on my arm, then kiss it whenever I score/play put on the shirt etc. make it clear I don't enjoy playing for them be poor with the agreement with a wink wink nudge nudge that I resign for bhafc after.

Then I remember that I'm 23 now and if anyone was ever going to notice my remarkable football talents it'd have been done by now and I should just give up, take up golf and eat to much.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Yes of course. Obviously I'd rather play for Brighton, and I'd rather play for Barcelona.

But can you imagine trying to explain to your missus that you were going to turn down 25 grand a week and financial stability for the rest of your life because of a few punch ups that happened 10 years before you were born?

If I was 19 on 2k a week and had clubs offering me £25k a week I wouldn't have a wife.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If I was 19 on 2k a week and had clubs offering me £25k a week I wouldn't have a wife.

Probably true. But you'd still have a family, and they would be telling you that you could break your leg in 6 months and never play again. You'd have to make the move. I'd go there thinking I was going to work hard enough to earn myself another move. And do it on bad terms, therefore paving the way for you to come back to the Albion at a later date.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
"Hi darling, interesting day at work today, Crystal Palace have offered me 12 times my current salary to play for them. I'm thinking of turning it down as I'm told they are our rivals."

"Pardon?"
I understand how ridiculous it sounds when you look at it as just a job. But really, being brought up seeing Palace as your rivals to the extent that the colours Red and Blue together are immediately recognised as negative, it becomes more than simply 'Being told they're your rivals..'. And I mean that in a purely non-hooligan way, I hate to sound that I have a violent hatred for a team. I suppose you could look at it as a form of classical conditioning, but ultimately it's more of an emotional connection, and it's an aspect of football that makes it so great. Let's be honest though you'd take 2k a week for playing for a football team professionally wouldn't you? I know I'd do it for a lot less... It just becomes a case of being disloyal and a Judas in the eyes of the fans, purely for greed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here