Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you join Palace if...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But can you imagine trying to explain to your missus that you were going to turn down 25 grand a week and financial stability for the rest of your life because of a few punch ups that happened 10 years before you were born?
But even in this hypothetical scenario, that's not realistic. It's not likely that one club would pay £25k, and no one else would pay over £2k. I'm also a bit freaked out that I've already got a missus at 19 years old. WTF was I thinking?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I would LOVE to play professional football for Crystal Palace in the Premier League on £25K a week. Absolutely love to. And anyone who says they wouldn't is very strange.

This.

Although I enjoy (most) of the banter between Palace and Brighton it goes no further than that for me and I'd quite happily have them as my employer.

If it was Rangers, Celtic or Leeds the choice may be a little more difficult to make (although I'd probably still choose the same way)

Last edited:

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Firstly never in a million years . I would rather boil my own feet and eat them .
Secondly , if I was worth £25k a week , there would at least be one other club out there that would want me and I would happily play for . I would even discount myself to a mere £20k a week. Any other club , just not that club.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I would probably $hag my mum for £25k a week to be honest

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Let's be honest though you'd take 2k a week for playing for a football team professionally wouldn't you? I know I'd do it for a lot less... It just becomes a case of being disloyal and a Judas in the eyes of the fans, purely for greed.

Yes I would, I'd love to. But 2K a week is not very much money for a 15 year career, and I don't think a 19 year old moving from League 2 to the Premier League would be seen as 'purely for greed'. In fact, I actually think the majority of Albion fans would understand. Moving from a club where you are earning 80K a week and winning trophies to a worse club in the Middle East for £200K a week is moving 'purely for greed'. Moving up three levels to better yourself, isn't.

What would you rather be at 35, a washed-up footballer with no propspects for the next 40 years who played for their local team, or an ex Premier League player financially secure wnough to do whatever you wanted for the rest of your life? Because for me, some things are far more important. And apart from anything else, you wouldn't have to play for Palace for the rest of your career.

But even in this hypothetical scenario, that's not realistic. It's not likely that one club would pay £25k, and no one else would pay over £2k. I'm also a bit freaked out that I've already got a missus at 19 years old. WTF was I thinking?

Yes true, but if you get the opportunity you would be unwise not to take it. It's all very well thinking you'd sit tight and another offer will come in, but what if then all of a sudden you get injured, or have a really bad run of form? You'd be sitting there on 2K a week, not getting in the team, your contract running down, thinking why the hell didn't I sign that 3 year 25K a week contract I was offered. It's a very short career, in which nothing is certain.

I would probably $hag my mum for £25k a week to be honest

I already do.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
"Hi darling, interesting day at work today, Crystal Palace have offered me 12 times my current salary to play for them. I'm thinking of turning it down as I'm told they are our rivals."

"Pardon?"

We wouldn't have a wife/girlfriend.. we're Brighton. We're gay so we all have boyfriends right? OH WAIT

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I've been ill for six days, just lying in bed. You bet I am !

Get well soon, Noone! i think you must be delirious if you think about Palace ever being Premiership quality again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here