Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you have Potter back?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don’t think it’s ever the same when managers return, we’ve had it a couple of times with Mullery and Adams and it hasn’t really worked. I can’t see it.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Regardless of whether he could pick up where RDZ left off, more to the point, PLEASE GOD I don’t wish to ever again clock that miserable, soulless, self-serving, disaffected mug of a man.

Except when he is in charge of Chelsea when we beat them AGAIN…..

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hopefully the rumours about De Zerbi having crossed swords over transfers aren’t true as it brings back that faint whiff of Poyet trouble.

If our great boss does then get pinched in the summer, Potts is likely to be a free agent given what we are all regularly laughing about.

I realise he is viewed by some or even many as something of an antichrist but he would be a safe bet in terms of minimum adjustment and transition needed. I’d take that over us rolling the dice on another manager and hitting yet another double 6. Obviously whether he’d want to come back is another matter entirely
Nope. He did his job and did it brilliantly - transformed the style, then walked away from the chance to see that through to fruition. Not many would blame him. De Zerbi though has shown that no-one is irreplaceable - and that fact will apply if we lose him too. Like everyone, I hope it doesn’t happen for a long while yet.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Obviously not. He is now damaged goods. Needs to rebuild his reputation, whether that’s at Chelsea remains to be seen. As of now, I wouldn’t swap him for De Zerbi, no chance.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
There’s a presumption if Potter had stayed, we’d have got better. Maybe he was already punching above his weight? Anyway, RDZ shown we could be even better and for that reason, why would anyone want Potter back? The better question is who’s even better than the Italian if he leaves?!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just No. I've said before that any more Potterball and Mrs Earle would have quit her season ticket from boredom. Seriously.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Within the next 20 years there will be occasions where the majority of you will think "that certainly wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen" and occasions where the majority will think "no I'd rather have Dyche or some other half-eaten chorizo". Obviously with the club in a good position right now, people are not going to be to keen. But football moves quickly... all you need is a bad year, and people will be asking for someone who has done well in Brighton-esque clubs before... like Graham Potter.
Or Micky Adams (look him up).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. The Potter era is well and firmly over - he fully burnt his bridges with his comments about us post leaving.

We’ll also have a shirt list of candidates drawn up for when RDZ leaves, each would be a better option for us than Potter.
Laurent Charvet ? ???

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Hopefully the rumours about De Zerbi having crossed swords over transfers aren’t true as it brings back that faint whiff of Poyet trouble.

If our great boss does then get pinched in the summer, Potts is likely to be a free agent given what we are all regularly laughing about.

I realise he is viewed by some or even many as something of an antichrist but he would be a safe bet in terms of minimum adjustment and transition needed. I’d take that over us rolling the dice on another manager and hitting yet another double 6. Obviously whether he’d want to come back is another matter entirely
Did you mean to write Hughts ? Hasn’t he just taken a job ? Can’t have gone wrong already surely ?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Leaving personnel choices to the fans is like letting your dog vacation at the taxidermist. Rob Sanchez would have been released from his contract years ago. Lewis Dunk would be in Fulham. Adam Webster would be thrown out three games into his tenure. Plenty thought Caicedo should have been shipped when he went on Instagram, so he'd be gone. Quite a few never "saw the point" of Alexis, so he'd be out. Lallana and Welbeck... gone. Solly March would probably be dead. List goes on.
And you will find the exact same list on every team forum , the main point is we are allowed to make wrong decisions because no one takes our advice and puts it into practice . Just talking about players and what we think is the whole point , we pat ourselves on the back when we get it right , and we make our excuses when we don`t , but we don`t get paid £m`s for the pleasure and NO ONE cares . But taking back someone who has done his very best to screw us over is a different story , and if he survives the season he will be back to rob us blind again .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here