Potter returning?!?

potter.gif

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes I accept the baggage issue is massive so it wouldn’t be very popular. But stranger things n all that. I never was a huge fan of his but grudgingly accepted his strengths the longer he was here.

Probs I’m being to cautious but it would ask a lot of the club to find yet another RDZ
Doubt it. RDZ proves how good our succession planning really is.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think you're all being a bit rash in ruling it out. How many of you saw the total mess at the Fulham match? There were just three servers in the west upper concourse! We clearly need more people in there.
Yes! I forgot that! We arrived good and early and almost missed our pre match pint. Disgraceful!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Wouldn't really fit in with the club ethos of buying/recruiting on the way up.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No.

He did well here, but he put bank balance ahead of albion. He left us in the lurch mid-season without a care for his "project" at the albion.

Which is all OK in many respects. But it doesn't get him his job here back.

No how can anyone trust him again
If Brighton fans require Tony to find managers who would turn down £50m in order to coach Brighton instead, I think there's maybe two or three candidates.. on the entire planet. And none of them have a coaching license because they're locked up in some institution.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
If Brighton fans require Tony to find managers who would turn down £50m in order to coach Brighton instead, I think there's maybe two or three candidates.. on the entire planet. And none of them have a coaching license because they're locked up in some institution.
actually that was quite funny ..

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
No. I personally never got over the 'history' comments and I hated his acceptance of defeats (much like the Chelsea plastics are - you want a bit of a personality). He left the club in a good position and transformed the playing style (with massive help of our recruitment) but I'd also add that his second season was the least enjoyable one being an Albion fan since Micky Adams part 2. Honestly, I hated watching us. Season 1 and 3 were better.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If Tony Bloom felt he was the right man for the job that’s good enough for me. I would back him 100%. In Tony we trust.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes of course. But you are forgetting that rationality goes out the window for most fans. Given the timing of the approach and subsequent departure, and the apparent destruction of our entire backroom staff, and to a club where most of us felt he wouldn't be given a chance etc etc etc, our feelings were understandable. We are happy enough to have a decent manager and not a 'name' who would require such ridiculous remuneration.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Within the next 20 years there will be occasions where the majority of you will think "that certainly wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen" and occasions where the majority will think "no I'd rather have Dyche or some other half-eaten chorizo". Obviously with the club in a good position right now, people are not going to be to keen. But football moves quickly... all you need is a bad year, and people will be asking for someone who has done well in Brighton-esque clubs before... like Graham Potter.
Yeah but first we would need that big knife removed from our back , oh and what do we do with reid and foster and saltor , just kick the lads who are here out to make way ? . No , you`re better of supporting Swansea City and leave the BHAFC personnel choices to BHAFC supporters , i`d rather he went to you lot .

Well, I respect that. At the same time, you can find plenty of threads where people said the same thing about Glenn Murray... which in the end turned out quite well.
And you would have certainly raised a few eyebrows back in the day if you’d have suggested Steve Coppell would become a popular and well regarded manager here. Anyway I agree it’s a longshot but an interesting one. You got the feeling that it was an irretrievable personality war between Poyet and Bloom that would brook no recovery at all, the Potter move seemed more about the colder and duller factors associated with the high finance of modern football, which will always be with us now

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah but first we would need that big knife removed from our back , oh and what do we do with reid and foster and saltor , just kick the lads who are here out to make way ? . No , you`re better of supporting Swansea City and leave the BHAFC personnel choices to BHAFC supporters , i`d rather he went to you lot .
Leaving personnel choices to the fans is like letting your dog vacation at the taxidermist. Rob Sanchez would have been released from his contract years ago. Lewis Dunk would be in Fulham. Adam Webster would be thrown out three games into his tenure. Plenty thought Caicedo should have been shipped when he went on Instagram, so he'd be gone. Quite a few never "saw the point" of Alexis, so he'd be out. Lallana and Welbeck... gone. Solly March would probably be dead. List goes on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Leaving personnel choices to the fans is like letting your dog vacation at the taxidermist. Rob Sanchez would have been released from his contract years ago. Lewis Dunk would be in Fulham. Adam Webster would be thrown out three games into his tenure. Plenty thought Caicedo should have been shipped when he went on Instagram, so he'd be gone. Quite a few never "saw the point" of Alexis, so he'd be out. Lallana and Welbeck... gone. Solly March would probably be dead. List goes on.
To be fair, that’s football fans generally, not just Brighton.

Personally, at the time I would have driven Dunk to Fulham, as he didn’t want to play that Saturday (against Fulham) and we signed Uwe Hunemeier (who was great for us incidentally). But he is a real club legend for me…..

Calderon nearly moved to Southampton - still well loved.

Murray signed for Palace, surely no way back? But forgiven…..

I would have Bruno and Ben Roberts back, but I was really pissed off at the time…..

Should fans be blind to these small indiscretions?

Fans are generally always loyal to the club they support and some posts are made out of pure passion and can be knee-jerk reactions - no real surprise.

Edit
BTW - I’ve no idea what point I am making but it seemed to make sense initially. 😂

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
No, He left not giving us a second thought and then disrespected our club, players etc by saying it was an easy life multiple times. He also took his team and a few extra's, his actions could have completely derailed our season and we could easily have been in the bottom 3 now with a manager taking time to settle in and a unsettled squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here