Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy if we SPUNK half a MILL on Dickinson?

Well?

• Chuffed

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • Miffed

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Ever so slightly apprehensive

Votes: 54 45.4%

• Total voters

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Half a million seems to be the figure being banded about. I would have concerns over paying so much for someone who has yet to even get a game at Derby despite them splashing 750k on him AND going through one of the worst runs in professional football history (assuming he was there when they were proper shit...)

Also, the ex-albion fella on The Argus story says he is a decent League 1 player. I wouldn't be spending 500k on someone who couldn't potentially cut it in the Championship.

Also, a big money signing like him will surely mean either Murray or Forster drop to the bench. And what of Craig Davies?

I think if we are going to disrupt the front two and splash big money on a player, we should look at someone BETTER.

That said, in Slade we trust.

Didn't you say that we were selling Murray for £1M? In that case we've still got cash to spare.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Its not my money, so if he's decent and costs £8M then I say spunk away!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I think that 500k is about right for Dickinson, as others have said, he has a similar goalscoring record to Murray, which is about 1 in 2, which is obviously good at this level.
He has proved himself that he is more than capable at this level, if not higher.

If the inevitable does happen and Murray does leave, i think Dickinson would definately be a suitable replacement.
Plus if we are talking about Murray going for 4-500k, then we would be losing harldly any money, so could probably get a couple more signings

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I think Davies will turn out to be a good player for us.

I agree , he looked like he had alot to offer but i think the pressure must of got to him and he doesnt deal with pressure well as we could see he had no confidence last season

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I agree , he looked like he had alot to offer but i think the pressure must of got to him and he doesnt deal with pressure well as we could see he had no confidence last season

signied for money , talked up by everyone, his confidence would of been brimming but he was still shit so I don't buy the confidence line.

If he doesnt deal with pressure well either then I say get shot

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
that bloke who had only scored 3 league goals for Coventry Robbie Simpson went to Hudders for 500k. Dickinson on paper must be worth that. Besides he's an Owusu replacement not Murrays.

Grovesyg

Jul 7, 2009
i honestly dont agree that craig davies looks a good player, his 1st touch last season was always a problem and he looked out of his depth in a average brighton team. Im chuffed if we do get dickinson, shows big intent from bloom and if he were to score 20+ he'l be worth every penny! in slade we trust! :thumbsup:

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
i honestly dont agree that craig davies looks a good player, his 1st touch last season was always a problem and he looked out of his depth in a average brighton team. Im chuffed if we do get dickinson, shows big intent from bloom and if he were to score 20+ he'l be worth every penny! in slade we trust! :thumbsup:

I Thought he had a great first touch & great pace also had a great long range hit on him (hit the post twice I think), he got himself into scoring positions game after game but he just didn't take the opportunity, Dickinson concerns me anyway because the way the Leeds & Udders fans describe him sounds just like how some of our fans describe Davies, one main difference being that they say he is lazy and never puts a shift in. (came from both Leeds & Udders fans)
Davies WILL come good with a decent pre-season and some confidence under his belt he could be a very, very good striker and at 23 he has time to prove himself.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Craig Davies got 6 in 11 or something on loan to Oldham and he has turned out to be utter SHIT HOUSE.

We need back up for Forster as Murray can''t be arsed and Davies is turd but I am not sure about this geezer.

Sure to be a great season for Davies now.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Half a million seems to be the figure being banded about. I would have concerns over paying so much for someone who has yet to even get a game at Derby despite them splashing 750k on him AND going through one of the worst runs in professional football history (assuming he was there when they were proper shit...)

Also, the ex-albion fella on The Argus story says he is a decent League 1 player. I wouldn't be spending 500k on someone who couldn't potentially cut it in the Championship.

Also, a big money signing like him will surely mean either Murray or Forster drop to the bench. And what of Craig Davies?

I think if we are going to disrupt the front two and splash big money on a player, we should look at someone BETTER.

That said, in Slade we trust.

There's nothing like a balanced question - and that's nothing like a balanced question! You idiot.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Chuffed!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I agree too, give the lad a chance FFS.

Exactly, he was clearly low on confidence last season, and immediately, rather than supporting him, being give him abuse, how could possibly help in any way?:shrug:

The only way he will improve is if he is high on confidence as he clearly has the talent to well at this level, and i strongly believe he will this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here