Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy if we SPUNK half a MILL on Dickinson?

Well?

• Chuffed

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • Miffed

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Ever so slightly apprehensive

Votes: 54 45.4%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Half a million seems to be the figure being banded about. I would have concerns over paying so much for someone who has yet to even get a game at Derby despite them splashing 750k on him AND going through one of the worst runs in professional football history (assuming he was there when they were proper shit...)

Also, the ex-albion fella on The Argus story says he is a decent League 1 player. I wouldn't be spending 500k on someone who couldn't potentially cut it in the Championship.

Also, a big money signing like him will surely mean either Murray or Forster drop to the bench. And what of Craig Davies?

I think if we are going to disrupt the front two and splash big money on a player, we should look at someone BETTER.

That said, in Slade we trust.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we are going to spunk away £ 500 000 can't we at least spend it on a decent player.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
People keep saying how expensive strikers are these days, and how difficult it will be to replace Murray if he leaves. Thing is players these days, and especially strikers are getting more and more expensive. IMO, if you look at his starts for stockport he got better than 1 in 2 which is similar to Murray, and then got 6 in 13 for Huddersfield and 4 in 5 for Blackpool in the championship. If we are looking for around 500k for Murray, who hasnt yet proved he can stay fit for a season and doesnt have a too dis-similar record then id say that 500k is about right for Dickinson. I dont know what the final fee was, but werent Watford asking about 300k for Theo Robinson? IMO 4-500k is about right for Dickinson.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Craig Davies got 6 in 11 or something on loan to Oldham and he has turned out to be utter SHIT HOUSE.

We need back up for Forster as Murray can''t be arsed and Davies is turd but I am not sure about this geezer.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Thing is for 500k we wont get someone already proven to be prolific at this level, thats noticeable when Cox went for £2m and lambert is value at £1m plus. I dont think we could do much better for 500k to be honest.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Craig Davies got 6 in 11 or something on loan to Oldham and he has turned out to be utter SHIT HOUSE.

No he hasn't. If he still hasn't got a goal by christmas then I might change my opinion. It's been done to death on here, but I've seen enough from him to think there's a good player hiding in there somewhere.

As for 500k for Dickinson, I've never seen the bloke play, but as foolg says strikers are expensive. People are saying spend 500k on a decent player, well I'm afraid a decent player will set you back at least a million, just look at Simon Cox. 500k is bugger all these days unfortunately.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

We need back up for Forster as Murray can''t be arsed and Davies is turd but I am not sure about this geezer.

Somewhat harsh I think. Let's see how he does this year before labelling him quite so poorly. You just might be pleasantly surprised.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not heard or seen enough of the bloke to comment but sure a lot of research has been done because 500k is still a hell of a lot of money to spend in this league

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Any more proven and he'd be more than 500k.

Chuffed

As previously mentioned though , stats can be decpetive aka Craig Davies

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Watched Stockports play off final against Rochdale on Youtube and he looked pretty good in front of goal. Certainly took his goal really well so def worth a punt.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
He sounds very promising - what we were lacking for so much of last year was a physical presence up front. Owusu is an avaerage player but did well. Every team in this division or even the champ:albion2:ionship need a big target up front - even if they do not start every game it gives the manager more flexibility. Could be a very good signing.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If Slade has got the money and he thinks Dickinson is worth it then thats good enough for me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we had no money then I would say it was a gamble. However we are a different club under Bloom and therefore £500k is not a lot of money for a striker at this level.

I would expect one signing this year to be slightly more than £500k just so it beats the club's record signing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_4gJW409mA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A_4gJW409mA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
he look the business in that film, but needs to work on his back-flips, he could do himself an injury if he keeps that up :flameboun

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looks like he needs to work on his goal celebrations, but that aside seems a good finisher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here