Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Gareth is the greatest Mortgage Broker in Town

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am marketing manager for Divadrome and we are going to lauch a night with a difference. It will be based on 80's music of all types.

It will be held in a venue in Brighton hopefully in October and will be £ 5 to get in.

It is catering for the slightly older clientelle but people of all ages are invited.

You can listen to 80's music and are encouraged to dust off you 80's gear and dress up for the night and behave like you are 20 something again and not feel uncomfortable or worry you are not looking cool which you will not get in any other club in Brighton. You can dance like a Dad at a weeding and let your hair down ( if you have any ) without ridicule.

This will be a unique and hopefully regular event. There will be a dance floor and tables/seat and you can buy wine and share a bottle or cocktails.

The venue should be confirmed in September and will be from 9pm to 2am on a Saturday or possibly Friday night.

For people who lived the era and the great music do you think you would come as I am gauging interest ?.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think that would be popular and popular across a lot od different age groups.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
80's music is very popular amoungst younger people now or so I hear. Studenty types are allowed but the idea is mainly 30 - 50 somethings who can relive their glory days without having to feel old or uncomfortable as people of these age ranges can still have a blast and at least pretend they are 20 something even if its only for 1 night. Upon looking for venues recently for a night out it is clear nowhere caters for this.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am very enhusiastic about this and I met the couple who are launching it and they appointed me the marketing manager. I may make a few quid but its more an exciting new venture for me and something to put my efforts into. I love 80's music and think these nights could be something special.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Sounds like a plan

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The initial night with probably be at a venue that holds 100 or so but if it takes off the Brighton Ballroom in Kemptown is perfect and holds 220 people.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I went to the Funky Fish club on Saturday and although it is easy going I was still 15-20 years older than most people and that club caters for slightly older people. I do not feel comfortable in that environment dancing like a Dad at a wedding.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've always thought doing a monthly 'wedding disco' night would be ace! get it like a proper wedding disco style going on, good dj, good venue, everyone will love it!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Search Divadrome on facebook for more info.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
bay_city_rollers.jpg

I may have to brush the dust off my tartans :rave:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Hanbury Ballroom is indeed a crackin little venue. You need to be careful that it does not turn into a 'Grab a Granny' night full of pissed up little twats looking for 'Milf' action.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
sounds like '1985' that was up until recently on at New Hero and is currently looking for a new venue.

They are one of the venues we are considering.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here