Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it be such a big deal if you able to take your 1/2 time pint back to your seat.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
O yeah? When was this? To be fair I dont follow the CFL at any rate as I think its shit so did not know :p. Before Rogers I assume?

Late 70s. Exhibition Stadium. Long before SkyDome/Rogers. I seem to recall that it was the same at Blue jays games too for a year or two. I can't remember when they started to allow beer to be sold there tbh. It was the same at Maple Leaf Gardens. Meanwhile in Montreal you could have as many beers as you liked.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Late 70s. Exhibition Stadium. Long before SkyDome/Rogers. I seem to recall that it was the same at Blue jays games too for a year or two. I can't remember when they started to allow beer to be sold there tbh. It was the same at Maple Leaf Gardens. Meanwhile in Montreal you could have as many beers as you liked.
Another way in which at some point the Habs were superior to the Leafs...... Long before mytime though thankfully :D

Still down Toronto area?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
although it doesn't stop people drinking solidly for 90 minutes+ before and/or 90 minutes+ afterwards

I'm teetotal (well not quite , but I have about 4 pints a year at most) but it's abit silly considering Cricket/Rugby etc.. no problem with a pint whilst watching the action , wouldn't mind it making a comeback - who knows it may lead to us bring an attmosphere to the AMEX :)

Was there ever a hooliganism problem at Cricket or football matches ?

As hooliganism isn't as much a problem as it used to be and with cctv etc nowadays maybe its time for a campaign to try to overturn this outdated law

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
As I usually drive to football I don't drink at all. However, if I go by train I find the 4 hours before kick off and the endless hours after the end plenty of time to drink and I'm able to go 2 hours during the match without.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Well maybe we should start one of them e petitions up and running to get this law changed, watching games around Europe with far worse fans than ours i always see fans sitting there with there beer.

makes me laugh in the champions league matches abroad, when you see all the english away fans with their pints. its all 0% lager!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
A draconian rule created by people that did not understand the real problem and causes of hooliganism, only applied to football in England no other sport suffers the same treatment. I would love to take my beer to my seat much as I would at a rugby match. This rule needs to change.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A draconian rule created by people that did not understand the real problem and causes of hooliganism, only applied to football in England no other sport suffers the same treatment. I would love to take my beer to my seat much as I would at a rugby match. This rule needs to change.

yes, and let's reintroduce wooden stands, unlimited capacity in stands, crumbling terraces, unpunished racist chanting. Yes, Taylor's got a lot to answer for.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
makes me laugh in the champions league matches abroad, when you see all the english away fans with their pints. its all 0% lager!

I went to the champions league final at Old Trafford a few years back and the bars don't sell alcohol at all for European games. Ironic as it was sponsored by Amstel who were giving the stuff away in the city centre.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
In a qualifying FA Cup round at Whitehawk, I and everyone else weren't allowed to take our pints outside, as it violated FA laws.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Another way in which at some point the Habs were superior to the Leafs...... Long before mytime though thankfully :D

Still down Toronto area?

Sadly not-back in the UK.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
what would one do with ones pint when ones team scores and one jumps up into ones air....hmmm..surely one doesn't think about putting ones drink down first?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
what would one do with ones pint when ones team scores and one jumps up into ones air....hmmm..surely one doesn't think about putting ones drink down first?

Would be less of a problem than if you had a hot tea or coffee in your hand

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

I was wondering if someone with more than 1 brain cell would mention this. You could always tip it over the fucker in front of you "accidently", double brownie points if its an Ultra.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Would be nice if you could take your own bottle of water into many grounds (YOU LISTENING BIRMINGHAM CITY!)

Remember at Withdean there was barriers put on the fence at the Sportsman to stop people drinking in sight of the pitch. Sat on the terrace for a drink (non alcoholic in my case) on the walk from Hove to Amex on the 6th August and it was really strange to see through the fence at Gullys Girls practicing on the old pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here