Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it be such a big deal if you able to take your 1/2 time pint back to your seat.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
yes, and let's reintroduce wooden stands, unlimited capacity in stands, crumbling terraces, unpunished racist chanting. Yes, Taylor's got a lot to answer for.
Unless I misread Lethargic's post he wasn't calling for any of those things to be re-introduced, so why did you bring them up? He was merely pointing out that it's only football that suffers from this rule and, due to the changes in both stadia and fan behaviour (for which the Taylor report can take some credit), it might be time to review the legislation.

Unfortunately I think your view is the official one. Allow people to drink beer in sight of the pitch and football will be back in the 1970s before you can say Hillsborough.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Is every one in denial or something! Football attracts far more passionate supporters than either Rugby or Cricket and in far greater numbers. Yes, we would all like to take a drink to our seat but we all know that it wouldn't be long before a small minority spoilt it for everyone else. You can buy drinks before the game, at half time and at the end. It wasn't long ago that we played at a very dry (drink wise) stadium.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You can have a pint and watch the game and have a pint at blue square south level and below, eg at Lewes. But not in fa cup games, oddly enough
I wonder whether they actually implemented it when they got promoted to the conference for one season ???

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
When I went to west ham villa end of last season 3 guys infront of me in away end just casually drinking straight from a bottle of vodka lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here