Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would it be such a big deal if you able to take your 1/2 time pint back to your seat.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Is this a league rule?

If like me you just get your pint just before they stop serving and find yourself having to down it in one to get back for the start of the 2nd half, would it really be that bad to let you go back to your seat with your pint,after all it's in a plastic cup, can do no more damage than a bottle of pepsi and it's not as if you can go and get anymore as they do not serve, is it such a big deal, is it?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Well maybe we should start one of them e petitions up and running to get this law changed, watching games around Europe with far worse fans than ours i always see fans sitting there with there beer.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It's a legal requirement. End of

It is probably a legal requirement that you have to have a pint in your hand to watch rugby...personally it would take more than a pint to make me watch that sport.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I was referring to it being a legal requirement that no alcohol be consumed within sight of the pitch, as opposed to it being a club policy or league rule.

I love getting beered up at the rugby though

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think it came in after the Taylor Report. It's clearly an outdated concept though. If fans want to be hammered at a game they can still get tanked up downstairs. And, arguably, it only encourages people to drink faster and therefore get more drunk. I suppose it stops fans from drinking for 90 minutes solid but that's about its only merit.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Too many ill-thought out and outdated laws in this country administered politicians who couldn't give a toss, because
hey - last time I heard - the house of commons bar was open 24hrs!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I suppose it stops fans from drinking for 90 minutes solid but that's about its only merit.
although it doesn't stop people drinking solidly for 90 minutes+ before and/or 90 minutes+ afterwards

I'm teetotal (well not quite , but I have about 4 pints a year at most) but it's abit silly considering Cricket/Rugby etc.. no problem with a pint whilst watching the action , wouldn't mind it making a comeback - who knows it may lead to us bring an attmosphere to the AMEX :)

stevet

Sep 21, 2011
You can have a pint and watch the game and have a pint at blue square south level and below, eg at Lewes. But not in fa cup games, oddly enough

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Be nice to have pints at your seat....Coming from Canada and going to pro sports here and having pints sold to me at my seat its nice to have a few while watching the match. As the pints get downed I tend to get more vocal as well which everyone tends to enjoy :cheers:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Be nice to have pints at your seat....Coming from Canada and going to pro sports here and having pints sold to me at my seat its nice to have a few while watching the match. As the pints get downed I tend to get more vocal as well which everyone tends to enjoy :cheers:

Wasn't always so...as an Argo Season Ticket holder, I spent many a dry game at Prohibition Stadium as it was fondly referred to. God knows beer was needed during some of those seasons too.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Well maybe we should start one of them e petitions up and running to get this law changed, watching games around Europe with far worse fans than ours i always see fans sitting there with there beer.

I had this discussion with some fellow Albion fans a few weeks ago, maybe I should start one. Would it get enough support nationally?

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Wasn't always so...as an Argo Season Ticket holder, I spent many a dry game at Prohibition Stadium as it was fondly referred to. God knows beer was needed during some of those seasons too.

O yeah? When was this? To be fair I dont follow the CFL at any rate as I think its shit so did not know :p. Before Rogers I assume?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here