Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Gus walk right now?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Normaly enjoy your threads Kev but this one is below you,why would a club like shitsea give a very defensive non attacking second division manager that plays for draws a job

Because there is a myth going around that he is a flair, attack minded manager, that some people buy into. I don't think they would want him at this stage but there are plenty in the media that think they might. The question was, would he walk??? Personally I think he would crawl over broken glass for the job, but then he has already said as much himself, on many, sorry, every occasion he gets asked. He want's to be careful what he wishes for, he just might get it... I personally think that Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club, will be playing at a higher level than Gus Poyet, will be managing at in three years time. I think this is Gus's level and only then with plenty of money to throw at it. I actually think we have a major chance of going up this season, at least the team on paper bloody well should have.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus really doesn't help himself, why does he keep talking to the media, does his agent keep encouraging it? There must be 101 ex chelsea players that they could ask the same questions to, but it's always seems our Gus that has to get involved and poke his nose in, i have never known another Albion manager to spell out his loyalty for another club so much.

The media don't leave Gus alone, he doesn't need his agent to drum up publicity for him. He's on tv tomorrow night.

D

Deleted member 2719

The media don't leave Gus alone, he doesn't need his agent to drum up publicity for him. He's on tv tomorrow night.

He could say no i am busy preparing the Albion for the premiership, or is that to easy.

What's he on tv tomorrow for???

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Because there is a myth going around that he is a flair, attack minded manager, that some people buy into. I don't think they would want him at this stage but there are plenty in the media that think they might. The question was, would he walk??? Personally I think he would crawl over broken glass for the job, but then he has already said as much himself, on many, sorry, every occasion he gets asked. He want's to be careful what he wishes for, he just might get it... I personally think that Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club, will be playing at a higher level than Gus Poyet, will be managing at in three years time. I think this is Gus's level and only then with plenty of money to throw at it. I actually think we have a major chance of going up this season, at least the team on paper bloody well should have.

Gus would take the job we all know that,but we also know he will not be offered it,he is a 2nd division manager ffs.I cannot believe you started this thread Kev

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He could say no i am busy preparing the Albion for the premiership, or is that to easy.

What's he on tv tomorrow for???

Fantasy Football. If you read the article, he said he hadn't watched Chelsea play because he had been watching Huddersfield play Burnley, so the second comment was tantamount to saying he was preparing for OUR next match.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

He could refuse, now and then. I doubt he needs the money but then he does love the attention. I used to think any publicity is good publicity for the club, but not when he is constantly going on about Chelsea. It's a bit like listening to someone else's missus keep saying what a fantastic shag her ex was and how she would love another go on him, if she got the chance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He could refuse, now and then. I doubt he needs the money but then he does love the attention. I used to think any publicity is good publicity for the club, but not when he is constantly going on about Chelsea. It's a bit like listening to someone else's missus keep saying what a fantastic shag her ex was and how she would love another go on him, if she got the chance.

I don't think it is. Everyone knows he's not here for life. He's the 11th longest serving manager in the 4 divisions, so as long as we're still improving season by season, then I don't mind when he goes. We're now in a position where Bloom can offer a great job to any manager.

D

Deleted member 2719

Fantasy Football. If you read the article, he said he hadn't watched Chelsea play because he had been watching Huddersfield play Burnley, so the second comment was tantamount to saying he was preparing for OUR next match.

I know what he said but why is he speaking to the media regarding Chelsea at all..............he is obsessed with Chelsea and he is naive enough to think if he keeps saying it he may get it, i know Roman is rash but surely not stupid as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know what he said but why is he speaking to the media regarding Chelsea at all..............he is obsessed with Chelsea and he is naive enough to think if he keeps saying it he may get it, i know Roman is rash but surely not stupid as well.

They ring him up and ask his opinion. The media are like that, desperate for any quotes they can get to fill their column inches.

D

Deleted member 2719

They ring him up and ask his opinion. The media are like that, desperate for any quotes they can get to fill their column inches.

Yes, but why does he get involved it really has nothing to do with him, why not ask Kerry Dixon or Dennis Wise?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

But they asked Zola the same question and he said how disrespectful it was to talk about another job, where there is already a manager in charge, and how his main objective is Watford....That's the answer you would expect from your manager, is it not???....Not, my legs are open come and get it boys.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
If I were too project forward into the future, I would confidently predict that in about 2040 the third person to hold the title of best Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion of all time, will be................Gareth Bale. Think about it. The first one is of course Alan Mullery.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rafa might not make the weekend. Gus makes no secret of his ambition to manage Chelsea . Would he walk away at this stage of the season, if offered his dream job.....

For sure. And he'd not last six months in it. And he'd spend the rest of his entire career regretting that he never realised that he had the most supportive, least trigger-happy chairman in the entire league structure. Would almost be funny to see him fail. He's not all that. In fact he's a poor man's Zola.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here