Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would Gus walk right now?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unfortunately most people in the media spotlight are briefed not to say "no comment" these days. It allows people to make false assumptions. Instead they are given effective interview deflectors therefore what he should have said was: "As any ambitious manager or player I want to compete at the highest level. However at the moment I've got a job to do at Brighton & Hove Albion; we're on a great run; and we are sitting nicely poised in the play-off places. That is my focus right now, not Chelsea or any other club."

Which, in effect, was what he did say by pointing out that he had been studying Huddersfield's game ahead of our match on Saturday.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I constantly see people beating Abramovich with the fact that he has persevered with Torres, I f***ing would too if I paid FIFTY MILLION QUID for a guy that, at the time, was a great player. I rekon if I had pissed away FIFTY MILLION POUNDS I would have trouble accepting the lad has turned shit overnight as well.

I wonder what striker Gus would sign if he had that sort of money??? He might actually find one who can score from five yards.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Very much doubt that Gus will leave anytime soon. The long term development project we are going through is right up his street and the Albion job must be one of the best in the whole country for many reasons including our Tony. They are building the 'Arsenal' of the championship here and I doubt Gus would walk away at this stage.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Rafa might not make the weekend. Gus makes no secret of his ambition to manage Chelsea . Would he walk away at this stage of the season, if offered his dream job.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Much as Poyet has done great things for our club, he is an utter bellend. At least have some courtesy. Tony Bloom gave him his chance as a manager and has stuck with him through the good times and the shit times, and has given him a shitload of money to spend by our, and the majority of Championship clubs standards.

About time Mr Bloom had a word and told him to stop whoring himself to the media and get on with his job or just walk away now. Maybe he'll realise just how good he had it at Brighton when he is getting non-stop abuse from those Chelsea before getting sacked after three months.

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 2719

Gus really doesn't help himself, why does he keep talking to the media, does his agent keep encouraging it? There must be 101 ex chelsea players that they could ask the same questions to, but it's always seems our Gus that has to get involved and poke his nose in, i have never known another Albion manager to spell out his loyalty for another club so much.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If Poyet was to ever leave, I think it'd be when Laudrup leaves Swansea. Which may be soon.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Even that dimwit at Chelsea must realise what a monumental f*** up he has made with managers over last few years and will be looking for a popular choice now.

Didn't we have all this a few weeks ago? I thought the consensus was that Gus wasn't a popular choice with the fans.

I can't believe the number of times this comes up: Chelsea are not about to appoint a newbie as manager. End of.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Rafa might not make the weekend. Gus makes no secret of his ambition to manage Chelsea . Would he walk away at this stage of the season, if offered his dream job.....

Normaly enjoy your threads Kev but this one is below you,why would a club like shitsea give a very defensive non attacking second division manager that plays for draws a job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here