Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quality player, I really hope this happens

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
another loan, he maybe good but not exactly building a team is it

Would be if we signed him on loan with a view to a possible 2 year deal at the end of the season as he is still only 30 so must have a couple of seasons to give us his experience as Rogers and Carpenter did. If my memory serves me well he was always a pain in the arse when he played against us, plus the bonus of somebody who can take a decent free kick.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Why Livermore? You seen him play twice?

Proven Championship quality, getting into the Hull side last year, played (captained?) in an FA Cup final. When he has played CM not left back or left wing he has looked a class above anything El Abd, Virgo, Thomson, or anyone else currently at the club has to offer.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why are Southampton happy to let him go, less than 6 months after signing him?

Because they are desperate to get all of the senior pros off their wage bill, as they are on the brink financially. Hence they've loaned out Saganovski, Skacel, Rasiak and Stern John this season, despite not having any players left to score any goals...

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Not wishing to sound negative, but he is 31, not 30. He's also had a fairly recent serious knee injury. If he's offered a contract let's hope he's subjected to a more rigorous medical than the one that McLeod passed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even at 31 he is the exact type of player that we need provided his time at Southampton hasnt seen him drop below the standards he set at Plymouth. It was rumoured that we were interested in him when he left Plymouth but he chose Southampton which begs the question was it the wages offered or him consideriong life in the Championship would be easier and that he didnt have the legs for Div 1.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I could be wrong, but I'm sure Paul Wotton was the Plymouth player who got twatted over the head with a glass jug or similar, by a young striker on a pre-season tour. I seem to recall he had about 100 stitches as a result :eek:

Can't recall the other player's name but his claim was that he snapped after being on the receiving end of Wotton's bullying for a long period of time.

Still, he takes nice free kicks :lolol:

Edits: just looked on Wikipedia, it was Chris Zebroski. Who got sacked as a result, rather unsurprisingly.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Proven Championship quality, getting into the Hull side last year, played (captained?) in an FA Cup final. When he has played CM not left back or left wing he has looked a class above anything El Abd, Virgo, Thomson, or anyone else currently at the club has to offer.

You mean the same Livermore that was loaned out to Oldham for half of last season?

Not saying he isn't better than the others we have, but why all of a sudden everyone panics about him is farcical. He has not played more than twice in centre midfield for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here