Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot the hell were you, in your misspent youth..!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
1) Never use the word "Wicked" again. :lolol::ohmy:
2) They were good at the time, and i'm glad I did that, so I can look back on it.

1) I didn't know what other word to use, I don't normally use it, f*** knows why I did :lolol::blush:
2) Yeah, I suppose a lot of good (and bad) memories from it. The 'earlier years' of secondary school probably wouldn't of been the same without it.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
1) I didn't know what other word to use, I don't normally use it, f*** knows why I did :lolol::blush:
2) Yeah, I suppose a lot of good (and bad) memories from it. The 'earlier years' of secondary school probably wouldn't of been the same without it.

Yeah used to be the highlight of the week, "who's gunna ask people this week":rolleyes:.

I didn't have any "bad memories" when it comes to being to pissed, I was always quite sensible in that department, but got my details taken once to many. Was NEVER causing trouble, so I used to feel hard done by, even though I was in the wrong.

Yeah, you'll be able to bet and go drinking soon.:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Yeah used to be the highlight of the week, "who's gunna ask people this week":rolleyes:.

I didn't have any "bad memories" when it comes to being to pissed, I was always quite sensible in that department, but got my details taken once to many. Was NEVER causing trouble, so I used to feel hard done by, even though I was in the wrong.

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeh, and going round constantly asking people if they are going out Friday night.

I got beaten up one night because my mate was pissed and starting kicking off to some other kid, I stuck up for my mate - we both got BATTERED.
And the amount of colds that I caught, going out in the freezing cold, wearing just a t-shirt, after giving the ladies my jacket as they were cold (what a gent I am)

But the times when the police chasing you were funny looking back at them, not at the time though.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Yeh, and going round constantly asking people if they are going out Friday night.

I got beaten up one night because my mate was pissed and starting kicking off to some other kid, I stuck up for my mate - we both got BATTERED.
And the amount of colds that I caught, going out in the freezing cold, wearing just a t-shirt, after giving the ladies my jacket as they were cold (what a gent I am)

But the times when the police chasing you were funny looking back at them, not at the time though.

"Savage" mate.Where did you use to knock about on a friday then? Eastbourne?:glare:

Never really had any problems myself with trouble out of school.

Getting chased by the police, was 'alright' at the time BUT the things I used to do to get away from them, is just stupid (hiding in bushes, climbing 4879327 foot fences etc etc :bla:). I mean they wouldn't have ever done anything more than a letter home.

Our mob would have knocked yours out though, "son".:jester:

goring dazza

Jul 19, 2004
Goring
Was a skinhead! Great days especially Bank Holidays!:thumbsup:
Now a :braders:head lol
Will be like going back when going to see The Specials in Brum next week:bowdown:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
jakarta "I do remember there were Mods about in the 1980's who didn't like us bikers much. I have to say they seemed to be about 20 years too late - wasn't that all a 1960's thing?"

Yep the 80s mods were mainly a product of Quadrophenia and the northern soul scene in the North west plus the jam etc .Some of the mods later evolved into Scooter boys who then would fight with the mods ! go work that out

bit of a ramdom one here..............but did you run a bar on a corner in the north laine few years back??

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
"Savage" mate.Where did you use to knock about on a friday then? Eastbourne?:glare:

Never really had any problems myself with trouble out of school.

Getting chased by the police, was 'alright' at the time BUT the things I used to do to get away from them, is just stupid (hiding in bushes, climbing 4879327 foot fences etc etc :bla:). I mean they wouldn't have ever done anything more than a letter home.

Our mob would have knocked yours out though, "son".:jester:

Anywere in Eastbourne mate, hanging about on street corners seemed fun at the time :glare:, what about you?

I always used to hide in bushes, was well savage when it was raining. One of my friends was on a final warning before getting an ASBO, so if he was caught again he would get one, to hide from the police, he actually hid in a RIVER, crazy eh?

We'll see mate, we might have to "reenact" the past and give your boys a right smashing up :bigwave:
I mean EVERYONE in Eastbourne was scared of us, we would "shank" anyone up if they came near us:jester: (apart from that one fight):lolol:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Anywere in Eastbourne mate, hanging about on street corners seemed fun at the time :glare:, what about you?

I always used to hide in bushes, was well savage when it was raining. One of my friends was on a final warning before getting an ASBO, so if he was caught again he would get one, to hide from the police, he actually hid in a RIVER, crazy eh?

We'll see mate, we might have to "reenact" the past and give your boys a right smashing up :bigwave:
I mean EVERYONE in Eastbourne was scared of us, we would "shank" anyone up if they came near us:jester: (apart from that one fight):lolol:

Used to hang around Hollingbury Golf Course / Preston Park / Varndean Fields / House Partys.

Only had 1 (or 2) incidents where I hid in bushes.

If you boys what a scrap then we'll meet half way, I'd PM Iron 'top boy Mike, sooner rather than later though. Us BN1 boys dont faaack about.:tosser::wave:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Used to hang around Hollingbury Golf Course / Preston Park / Varndean Fields / House Partys.

Only had 1 (or 2) incidents where I hid in bushes.

If you boys what a scrap then we'll meet half way, I'd PM Iron 'top boy Mike, sooner rather than later though. Us BN1 boys dont faaack about.:tosser::wave:

That's fine, I'll round up me top boys, and who also, unless your scared of us EBO LADS.
I'll warn you now, we are f***ing tough, and 'ard az nailz. BEWARE BN1 BUM BOYS:salute::drink::lolol:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
That's fine, I'll round up me top boys, and who also, unless your scared of us EBO LADS.
I'll warn you now, we are f***ing tough, and 'ard az nailz. BEWARE BN1 BUM BOYS:salute::drink::lolol:

We're to ugly to be gay you "mug".

What's it like living in a TOWN mate? City life is good. Should try it one day.:lolol:

( I think we're going off topic)

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
We're to ugly to be gay you "mug".

What's it like living in a TOWN mate? City life is good. Should try it one day.:lolol:

( I think we're going off topic)

Defo true :lolol: We'd still shank you up.

Living in a town's "sick", prefer that than living in a city ANYDAY:glare:Okay, maybe not :lolol:

Yeh, we're swerving way off topic.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Yep :smokin:

Started on a Honda SS50 not knowing anything at the time about 2 strokes & 4 strokes and then sold it and bought the Fizzy.

Wish i had kept it, upwards of 3 grand they go for now, bought mainly as ornaments now as a reminder of their past youth but the 40+ like myself.

one of these?
284717407_a52fbd1646.jpg

Wow . I had one of those .
Forgotten all about it .
Yellow as well , although thought it was more of a golden colour .
L reg . So , 73 / 74 model I would guess .

£3,000 you say . Nostalgia , still a strong market then .

As for trends, I never wanted to fit fully into any one trend that presided over what I wore or did or listened to. Thus I had skinhead mates in school, but had long hair and converse bumpers with my harrington and Ben Shermans (no braces).
I bought ska 45s as well as pop, rock, r'n b and blues, so got peered at with some disgust by my classmates who had to be cool and ONLY listen to Purple and Led Zep.
"oow you like BLACK music??"
Yeah, you with your racist closet-headed denial of who wrote all those Zeppelin tunes! (who then decided Bob Marley was alright because NME said so).

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
im 38 , so my formative years and brain was somewhat destroyed by the beginning of the rave culture in the late 80's. driving my 1.6 ghia capri about listened to altern8 and all that stuff .damn those pills were good!!! mind you they werent bad in goa 2 weeks ago , so i havent changed much.now its all about the dark psytrance.

as for clothes i once remember going out in flares a flowery t shirt . my hair was shaved round the sides and long on the top and i used to tie it up in what i called the pineapple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here