Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wot the hell were you, in your misspent youth..!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I was a young quiff wearing rockabilly roaming the streets thinking i was the bees knees acting the goat,and chasin the women and genral chaos. Thing is i was in an unmentioned larger gang that no matter where i went (apart from london, they fought amongst themselves) i would get at least a nod of approval from another passing rockabilly or made life long friends. However there were other gangs on the streets at the same time and before i found my clique. There were skinheads,mods,heavy metal nutters,scooter boys a few punks and the teddyboys (yes they fought rockabillies) who all deserved respect and fights would constantly break out between various gangs. sometimes groups would pair up mods/soulboys would fight skinheads etc.The ultimate fights would allways include the casual / football holligans. I have many happy & scary memorys of the youth Culture i picked. Being chased by skinheads in worthing and attacked with a baseball bat, and havin my quiff cut off was not a favorite.But i felt it made me in a way, it made me not be narrow minded and i made countless friends that still hold today.I Do feel sorry for the youth of today as they seem not to have an identity and the vast majority all dress the same,listen to the same music. Maybe im wrong and out of touch, but i would like to know if any of you feel the same or have great memorys you would like to share.

or just ignore ? :bla:

Attachments

• HEMSBY 3.jpg
    HEMSBY 3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 617

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A hippy....and it was good, as was the music :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
its called a mid life Crisses :nono: ! which you may have one day if you make it that long :lolol: also ive got nowt to do at work

I'm only messing about Chief.

Nowadays as a kid you're a Chav or you're a nothing. Even Emos, Grungers and Goths seem to have been all but phased out.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I was a card-carrying Mod and member of the Jam Army.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Just in a gang that roamed Coldean/Scoomb, mainly bus hopping, getting chased by OB and the like.Sometimes we'd wander to Bevendean or Hollingdeanbut, although our mob could sometimes grow from 15 to 50 odd and must have looked scary, we never really got up to much. I suppose it's a bit like the kids now, they can look the look but I bet most of them are pretty decent.

Once I had the resources to go downtown it was mixing with the footie lads & the Bo'sun, again, most good lads.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If I was a 'youth' in the 60's I would have been a Mod. :drool:

When I was in Year 7/8/9 used to roam the streets on a Friday night, hanging around outside Threshers at fiveways asking for 6 Litres of San Miguel, then go up Hollingbury golf course/ Varndean fields. Pretty boring looking back, but the police chases were quality.

Cant be arsed with that no more, bring on my 18th :)

Last edited:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
37 now. mod, casual, still a casual.........did some skateboarding after bein a mod.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
that is the quintessential prefered ride of any self respecting L plate holder of the early 80s neil

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here