Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mill wall surgical masks!
West ham numerous times
Chelsea 1983
Tottenham various times
Arsenal various times

Spot the link?

Oxford in the cup and Southampton ...Portsmouth..

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I recall West Ham causing chaos in the North Stand. Only time I got hurt at football. But might not have been as widespread as that Chelsea game.

that was the game where the old boy died as a result of being crushed behind the northstand goal........that was a wild day.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Southampton FA cup 86 I think. Packed Goldstone and police kept saints fans away from the ground until about half hour before kick off. When they arrived about 5000 of them the place erupted into a great atmosphere. Not much actual trouble in the ground but after down by Hove station was any absolute free for all. The North end of Goldstone villas was a battlefield. Brighton fans were well up for that one and surprised the life out of saints. Argus reports saying Brighton fans were the main aggressors. Mental.

I seem to remember a 1-1 draw against Southampton being the worst I was involved in. Might have been this match but I thought it was a pre -season friendly and a few years earlier

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Southampton FA cup 86 I think. Packed Goldstone and police kept saints fans away from the ground until about half hour before kick off. When they arrived about 5000 of them the place erupted into a great atmosphere. Not much actual trouble in the ground but after down by Hove station was any absolute free for all. The North end of Goldstone villas was a battlefield. Brighton fans were well up for that one and surprised the life out of saints. Argus reports saying Brighton fans were the main aggressors. Mental.

There was a skip that got emptied of all its rubble as it was being thrown by Albion fans.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Was that the one where they were climbing the floodlight pylons in the NE corner?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Correct. First Saturday home game of the season, we lost 2-1, and they had Chris Hutchins encouraging their mob when he was warming up as a sub.

Then a few weeks later we signed the wanker . First time i took a kicking and half chelsea's mob came from crawley !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Then a few weeks later we signed the wanker . First time i took a kicking and half chelsea's mob came from crawley !

Wasn't that Joey jones winding them up?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town

I remember loads of us waiting by the flats by the x roads by the away corner , Police spotter was on the roof of the flats when all broke loose fence panels,posts bricks i think there was about 200 of us and thousands of them happy days?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
The worst was against Charlton in 1959 -60 when I met some of their (confused) supporters walking the wrong way along the OS road having been maliciously misdirected by miscreant Albion Supporters. Only by discussing the relative merits of our teams and having a laugh about some of the other teams in our division was an explosive situation defused. Mike Tiddy scored in a 1-1 draw in front of a ( probably genuine ) 24,175 crowd.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think the Spurs game in 78 was the most frightening. I was on the terrace in front of where the lego stand would be erected. When the spurs fans got into the North Stand, the whole lot of our supporters moved over towards the north west corner and got crammed up to the chicken wire fence separating north and west terraces. The fence was so bowed over, how it didn't collapse I will never know. If it had there would have been loads of fatalities as supporters would have cascaded down the 4 foot drop and been crushed to death.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
My dad took me to the Spurs game in 1978 when I was about 13 and we were in the North Stand. Spurs 'fans' had also got into the North Stand and I remember how frightening it was when the they charged, causing a crush. I recall someone's arm being trapped around my neck and feeling myself struggling to breathe. Fortunately I got dragged onto the pitch by a copper and my dad ended up with a massive bruise all down one side of his chest. I spent the rest of the game in a state of fear in the North west corner watching the Spurs yobs left in the North. Hated Spurs ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here