Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst UK Sitcom in history!

Painful Sitcoms we've all watched, which is the worst?

• My Family

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Last of the Summer Wine

Votes: 29 23.8%
  • Goodnight Sweetheart

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Ronnie Corbett and "Sorry"

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • The Upper Hand

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Chef (Lenny Henry)

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • To the manor born - cosy smugness incarnate

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Bread - It was popular thanks to its sunday veg out slot

Votes: 20 16.4%

• Total voters

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
We have had loads. Fawlty Towers, Only Fools, Dads Army are the ones that cant be argued but I'd like to add Goodnight Sweetheart, On The Buses, Are You Being Served & It aint half hot mum as my evidence that we can write excellent comedy.

Add Men Behaving Badly to the list, if only for Leslie Ash (pre lip botch job)!

I'm quite surprised that nobody has mentioned what was by far the worst situation comedy ever broadcast on British television. It was a 1970s production entitled "In for a Penny" and was set in a gents' public convenience, accompanied by all the lavatorial "humour" you could think of. It was so bad that it was not only never repeated, it actually never completed the full (six ?) recorded screenings. A barage of complaints meant the series was axed after just two or three episodes.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I'm quite surprised that nobody has mentioned what was by far the worst situation comedy ever broadcast on British television. It was a 1970s production entitled "In for a Penny" and was set in a gents' public convenience, accompanied by all the lavatorial "humour" you could think of. It was so bad that it was not only never repeated, it actually never completed the full (six ?) recorded screenings. A barage of complaints meant the series was axed after just two or three episodes.

that reminds me; 'Brighton Belles'. Wasn't that axed pretty quickly?

Apologies if already mentioned can't be arsed to read whole thread

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
that reminds me; 'Brighton Belles'. Wasn't that axed pretty quickly?

Apologies if already mentioned can't be arsed to read whole thread

Brighton Belles was the British remake of The Golden Girls - it limped through a series but was universally panned.

I did mention in my post right at the start there were several series that vanished without trace, some not even making it through the first run. Thankfully, In for Penny was one of these.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Royal family was utter tosh as well.

Along with dinner ladies and anything with Victoria wood in it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here