Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst UK Sitcom in history!

Painful Sitcoms we've all watched, which is the worst?

• My Family

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Last of the Summer Wine

Votes: 29 23.8%
  • Goodnight Sweetheart

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Ronnie Corbett and "Sorry"

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • The Upper Hand

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Chef (Lenny Henry)

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • To the manor born - cosy smugness incarnate

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Bread - It was popular thanks to its sunday veg out slot

Votes: 20 16.4%

• Total voters

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The programmes that claim to be a sitcom with an audience laughing at a volume that simply leaves you confused?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You forgot the truly execrable 'Keeping up Appearances'. Whoever thought of that should have been sacked and banned from being involved with ANY form of entertainment for the rest of their life.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What was that dreadful one recently on BBC1 with Caroline Quentin?

That one gets my vote..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

That one gets my vote..

The trailers looked so hideous I didn't even bother to try it. Can't remember the name either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There are lot missing: It ain't half hot mum, Love thy neighbour and Mind your language - all based around the single idea that foreigners/black people are funny

Bless this house - based on the single idea that Sid James was funny

Don't wait up - an execrable English version of the Odd Couple

Different Strokes - based on the idea that the Confessions of... were cinematic masterpieces

There was also a truly awful Jim Davidson vehicle that was as bad as that sounds and some dire sitcom recently starring Caroline Quentin whose name I've forgotten

And that's ignoring the sitcoms that were so bad that they scarcely made it out of the pilot series and which are thankfully forgotten.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I can't believe you've got My Family on there. One of the best comedies of the past 20 years. It's been going for nearly a decade now, and 8million viewers every week can't be wrong.

:laugh:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
8million viewers every week can't be wrong.

:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Lol they bloody can be!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What was that one with Johnny Vaughan in a few years back? Absolute gash of the highest order

Regina_George

Is butter a carb? :P
Aug 17, 2009
Brighton
I don't think it's on there but there was this uk sitcom to do with the young irish bloke from father ted... being a superhero? And having a talking baby that on one else could know about, think it was called 'My Hero'... Worst thing I've ever seen, do not know what convinced him to do it :nono:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
What was that one with Johnny Vaughan in a few years back? Absolute gash of the highest order

'Oribble I thought it was ok actually.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

That one gets my vote..
Good call. It was so dire I've mercifully managed to block the name out as well. You can add 'Green Green Grass' to the list and as was pointed out earlier anything with Nicholas Lyndhurst in it after early OFAH.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm torn between the painfully cliched overacting of My Family, or the never ending, canned-laughter retirement home for elderly actors that is Last Of The Summer Wine. A toughie but I'll go for My Family on the basis that LOTSW is prob the only thing keeping some of it's cast alive.

We really do churn out some shit-coms here don't we? They STILL repeat Keeping Up Appearances on Sunday mornings:guns:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and Benidorm :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here